Windows 10: Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.

Discus and support Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently got Windows 10 and don't see the usual bar with the features listed above. I've read about this issue in these forums, but the responses are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Duke Spaniel, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.

Recently got Windows 10 and don't see the usual bar with the features listed above. I've read about this issue in these forums, but the responses are several years old and don't help me. How do I get these valuable features that were so helpful in Windows 7? Would appreciate a response that details a step-by-step process that takes nothing for granted. Many thanks.

:)

Duke Spaniel, Oct 3, 2020
  2. mbfield Win User

How to enlarge Menu icons, namely file, edit, view, favorites, tools, & help and how to enlarge favorites in IE 11

Please advise how to enlarge the Menu icons, namely, File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, & Help

and how can I enlarge my list of favorites in IE 11. The font size for these icons and favorites is

in tiny print. However, below my toolbar the size of the body of IE 11 is perfect to view with a zoom at 150%. Before I downloaded IE 11, the Menu icons on IE 10 and my favorites were larger and easy to read. I don't want to make any other changes to my
    computer icon sizes other than the above correction. Please help.

mbfield, Oct 3, 2020
  3. How to enlarge Menu icons, namely file, edit, view, favorites, tools, & help and how to enlarge favorites in IE 11

Two changes to try. Either of these might change your screen enough that you can't live with it, but...

1. Right-click the Desktop> Display settings> Resolution> try changing resolution one step such as from 1366 x 768 to 1280 x 720. This will make everything larger.

2. Still in Display Settings> Change the size of text, apps, etc.. Custom scaling> try minor changes like 105%, 110%, etc.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.

IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.

1. Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc. - Similar Threads - Finding File Edit

2. Unable to find Favorite Files and Pictures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find Favorite Files and Pictures.: So I dislike the Photos App as it is weirdly restrictive about how things can be viewed and Sorted; to this end I keep and sort images in their own folders and would like to access the list of pictures that have been marked as "Favorite"Is there a way I can see or sort images...
  3. Unable to find Favorite Files and Pictures.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find Favorite Files and Pictures.: So I dislike the Photos App as it is weirdly restrictive about how things can be viewed and Sorted; to this end I keep and sort images in their own folders and would like to access the list of pictures that have been marked as "Favorite"Is there a way I can see or sort images...
  4. Win10 or Edge update disrupts file view, favorites etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 or Edge update disrupts file view, favorites etc: About a week ago Jan 2021, auto updates caused some serious disconnects. Seems the changes hid my user files in the background as well as my favorites. My system log in name and password still work. Thankfully, I see my files if I search down in c:\users]xx, , but they are...
  5. File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

in Browsers and Email
    File, edit, view etc. disappeared.: I had a taskbar with the old suspects: file, edit, view, etc. on my Chrome and it has suddenly disappeared. Can anyone please help me get it back; it's very important to me. Thanks in advance. 127634
  6. File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File, edit, view etc. disappeared.: I had a taskbar with the old suspects: file, edit, view, etc. on my Chrome and it has suddenly disappeared. Can anyone please help me get it back; it's very important to me. Thanks in advance. 127634
  7. Editing favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Editing favorites in Edge: So, one of the annoying things about Edge is that the Favorites are all stored in a database, and there is no UI feature to edit them (such as changing the url after the Favorite has been created). This can be a little annoying when the link you want to save as a favorite...
  8. Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page

in Browsers and Email
    Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page: I have MSN set as my home page. Can I get it to open with the menu bar? 14609
  9. file edit view etc

in Browsers and Email
    file edit view etc: Using Bing, can you get like file,edit, view? On internet exployer I got these by pressing Alt and right click at toolbars. thanks carol 21925
  10. Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible?: I was looking to see if there is a way to add the W7 File, Edit, Tools, Help, etc. Menus to W10 Folders. I searched but found nothing at all. Maybe I am not searching correctly or calling it the correct thing. If not, is there any way to add commands to the Quick Access...