Windows 10: Finding files after a Windows 10 crash requiring reinstall

Discus and support Finding files after a Windows 10 crash requiring reinstall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I find previous year files for software like Turbo Tax after my laptop crashed and I had to reinstall Windows 10? I have a Windows.old folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CR-NJ, Apr 15, 2019 at 6:42 PM.

1. CR-NJ Win User

Finding files after a Windows 10 crash requiring reinstall

How can I find previous year files for software like Turbo Tax after my laptop crashed and I had to reinstall Windows 10? I have a Windows.old folder but they aren't there. Please help!

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

Thema:

1. Finding files after a Windows 10 crash requiring reinstall - Similar Threads - Finding files crash

2. reinstalled windows 10 can't find my DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstalled windows 10 can't find my DVD: After hard drive failure and new hard drive placed, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro successfully on my computer (Dell Optiplex 7010). On booting up the DVD will spin, seem live but it is not found in device list and can't load anything into the Windows 10 system. I have seen...
  3. reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive: My hard drive has crashed How do I access the Windows 10 operating system from the hard drive as a disc was never provided? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10-from-crashed-harddrive/36ab05a1-a59a-4610-a198-080de98f5069
  4. reinstalling windows after a crash and everything was erased

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reinstalling windows after a crash and everything was erased: I was letting my computer update itself and the power went off and when power came on I lost everything on computer and I can't reinstall windows because I was using Windows 10 after a free upgrade. My Dell computer had windows 8.1 factory install but now its gone too. I...
  5. Help trying to reinstall windows 10 after hard drive crash

Help trying to reinstall windows 10 after hard drive crash: I had a laptop that came with windows 8 pro installed. When Microsoft offered the free upgrade to windows 10, I accepted that offer. I have no original windows 10 disk. I kept the installation regularly updated, but never made a rescue disk. When my hard drive crashed, I ran...
  6. Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.

Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.: I encrypted a lot of files some time ago. It became necessary for me to reinstall Windows 10. The "user" that encrypted the files disappeared after the reinstall and, after creating another login, I can't decrypt my files. I go to the Properties of any of these files &...
  7. Windows 10 crash and had to reinstall OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crash and had to reinstall OS: Hi I keep having trouble with Windows 10 I love the OS with the exception I have to rollback and reinstall my os...u have had to do this many times and am reinstalling my windows 10 o.s for probably the millionth time...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives: My computer (HP Envy h8-1534) has been frozen in the startup repair loop for some time. I finally was able to get a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a USB drive, and am able to enter the installation page for Windows 10, but during the Windows setup, when I try to select "Where do...
  9. Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall: Hi, Yesterday, I used Revo Uninstaller to remove McAfee. I used the advanced mode to get all the deeply embedded pieces of it. But today, when I check the Task Manager, I saw a bunch of McAfee programs running in the background. It doesn't appear that they're taking up any...
  10. Finding lost files after Windows 10 recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding lost files after Windows 10 recovery: My Windows 10 computer crashed and forced me into recovery, and now all my files seem to be lost. However, the background is still showing my slideshow, so at least SOME files must be hiding somewhere.... I have searched online forums and tried everything, but cannot find my...