Windows 10: Finding files after a Windows 10 crash requiring reinstall

Discus and support Finding files after a Windows 10 crash requiring reinstall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I find previous year files for software like Turbo Tax after my laptop crashed and I had to reinstall Windows 10? I have a Windows.old folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CR-NJ, Apr 15, 2019.

1. CR-NJ Win User

Finding files after a Windows 10 crash requiring reinstall

How can I find previous year files for software like Turbo Tax after my laptop crashed and I had to reinstall Windows 10? I have a Windows.old folder but they aren't there. Please help!

:)

CR-NJ, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 15, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Finding files after a Windows 10 crash requiring reinstall - Similar Threads - Finding files crash

2. Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall: Hello, I reinstalled windows 10 recently onto my SSD. I upgraded to W10 years ago from a valid copy of windows 7, which I believe came with my PC. If I had associated that copy of W10 with a microsoft account, it was deleted a long time ago. Windows now says it is not...
  3. Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall: Hello, I reinstalled windows 10 recently onto my SSD. I upgraded to W10 years ago from a valid copy of windows 7, which I believe came with my PC. If I had associated that copy of W10 with a microsoft account, it was deleted a long time ago. Windows now says it is not...
  4. Windows 10 Requiring Product Key after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost files after reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost files after reinstallation of windows 10: I didn't back up my files. I reinstalled more than 10 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files-after-reinstallation-of-windows-10/6e6833d0-e7e9-4d5c-8e39-0d20be8ba805
  6. file restore after reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file restore after reinstallation of windows 10: I recently downgraded an unintentional windows 11 download back down to windows 10. I used backblaze to back up my files. Maybe I regret that now. I cannot find anything local from my mongodb files. This was unanticipated. I doubt there is but, does anyone know of any restore...
  7. Windows is unable to find the required files for installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is unable to find the required files for installation: Hi, when trying to install Windows 10 on a new hard drive via USB installer, I constantly get a message like: "Windows cannot find the necessary files for installation." I have tried making an installer with the Media creation tool and Rufus, neither worked. My BIOS settings...
  8. Reinstalling windows after crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling windows after crashing: So, I was installing my graphics drivers, and it said ran out of space. I checked and there was 3gb of space left. I decided maybe I should move pagefile, so I went do system settings and did so. Then, I restarted my pc. I ended up with system recovery not working messages...
  9. Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash: ssd crashed. Installed new ssd. Created usb drive with windows 10 from microsoft.com. Would not boot from usb. Got unable to recognize or create partition errors. Tried multiple boot orders. Finally reloaded windows 7 (the most recent upgrade that I still had media for). Able...
  10. Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.: I encrypted a lot of files some time ago. It became necessary for me to reinstall Windows 10. The "user" that encrypted the files disappeared after the reinstall and, after creating another login, I can't decrypt my files. I go to the Properties of any of these files &...