Windows 10: Finding my product key.

Discus and support Finding my product key. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently upgrading to a new PC and am using some parts like the PSU and hard drives from my old computer in the new one. The parts are all in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyle275, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Kyle275 Win User

Finding my product key.

Hi, I'm currently upgrading to a new PC and am using some parts like the PSU and hard drives from my old computer in the new one. The parts are all in the new one, and I had not looked up my product key before doing so. Is there a way to find my product key without having to plug all the parts back into the old computer to find it? Thanks in advance.

:)

Kyle275, Sep 24, 2020

2. How to find product key?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are looking for Windows Operating system product key then please refer the article

Find your Windows product key
    and see if that helps.

You can also try extracting the Windows product key using the WMIC command on command prompt. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows +
      S
      key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following command and hit enter:
      wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

If you are looking for Office product key then you can refer the article

Find your Office product key

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Finding my product key.

How to Find Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Jyothi,

There are different ways to check your product key depending on how you obtain your Windows 10. See
    Find your Windows Product Key support article.

If you have a new computer with preinstalled Windows 10, you can also retrieve your product key by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in the command prompt.
    • Press Enter.

Do get back to us should you encounter any difficulties.

Amylove Loy, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Finding my product key.

1. Finding my product key. - Similar Threads - Finding product key

2. Find my Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find my Product Key: Hello,I have bought HP laptop in 2014 which come with Genuine Win 8.1. Due to some issues, my system was formatted in which I lost my OS on that time. So I have ordered HP recovery media kit and reinstalled it.Now I want to change my harddrive and so I needed to reinstall the...
  3. Find my Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find my Product Key: Hello,I have bought HP laptop in 2014 which come with Genuine Win 8.1. Due to some issues, my system was formatted in which I lost my OS on that time. So I have ordered HP recovery media kit and reinstalled it.Now I want to change my harddrive and so I needed to reinstall the...
  4. FIND MY PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FIND MY PRODUCT KEY: HOW TO MY PC PRODUCT KEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-product-key/b6f05976-9a91-4a08-9b0b-1cd4b64b10bd
  5. not finding my Product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    not finding my Product key: hey, My windows needs activation but I dnt have a product key.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-finding-my-product-key/180f2451-bccc-4aea-bbd6-52ef2f8c1dd8
  6. find my product key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    find my product key: How can i see my product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-product-key/1abab0e1-631b-438a-9306-b45426cf6671
  7. Find my Product Key

Find my Product Key: I upgraded my windows 10 home to windows pro education with a product key given to me as a student. If I want to return back to windows 10 home or if my academic lisence expire how I can find the product key to activate windows 10 home? Thank you....
  8. Find my product key

Find my product key: How to find my digital license product key in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-product-key/7570cd71-eb31-476d-8ae0-50095b9188d8"
  9. find my product key

find my product key: I want to activate my window but my box of window was lost please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-product-key/92d2f8e5-e214-4cac-804d-08cd11f795a0"
  10. finding product key

finding product key: I have a older Surface tablet that I bought used and it was upgraded to windows 10. I don't have the key and it wants me to activate the windows. How do I find the product key or digital license for the windows 10 on this thing?...