Windows 10: Finding out Windows Product Key from Product ID

Discus and support Finding out Windows Product Key from Product ID in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently uninstalled Windows-10 OS and reinstalled back to Windows-10 OS due to some reasons. But before uninstalling I forgot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gspa1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. gspa1 Win User

Finding out Windows Product Key from Product ID

Hello there,

I recently uninstalled Windows-10 OS and reinstalled back to Windows-10 OS due to some reasons. But before uninstalling I forgot to capture my Windows 10 Product Key25 digit. I have my 20 digit Product ID. Can some one help me with the procedure for retrieving the Product Key from Product ID.

:)

gspa1, Jan 6, 2020
  2. maranna Win User

product key/id

Is the product key different from the product id?
    I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to reinstall.

maranna, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Finding out Windows Product Key from Product ID [​IMG]

Superfly, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Finding out Windows Product Key from Product ID - Similar Threads - Finding Product Key

2. Is it possible to recover product key by product id?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to recover product key by product id?: product id=00339-10000-00000-AA016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-recover-product-key-by-product/ab8dc814-0774-448d-9b11-a5bbabd65242
  3. I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key: help me in getting my product key back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-know-my-product-id-but-i-dont-know-the-product/ad97df42-b25a-4f83-8e3d-d96941f6050e
  4. I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key

I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key: help me in getting my product key back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-know-my-product-id-but-i-dont-know-the-product/ad97df42-b25a-4f83-8e3d-d96941f6050e
  5. I know my product ID but i dont know the product key.....how to find out product key

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  7. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  8. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Get product key from product id

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Get product key from product id: Hi, My system got corrupted at boot level and crashed. I formatted the system and borrowed the os and installed in my system. Now I have only product id of my windows which came as pre-installed. Since the entire hdd has to be formatted and I lost the os . How do I get the...
  10. product key/id

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key/id: Is the product key different from the product id? I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to...