Windows 10: Finding product key

Discus and support Finding product key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can I get my product key to activate windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaddyJason1, May 10, 2021.

1. Finding product key

how can I get my product key to activate windows?

:)

DaddyJason1, May 10, 2021

2. How to find product key?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are looking for Windows Operating system product key then please refer the article

Find your Windows product key
    and see if that helps.

You can also try extracting the Windows product key using the WMIC command on command prompt. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows +
      S
      key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following command and hit enter:
      wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

If you are looking for Office product key then you can refer the article

Find your Office product key

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 10, 2021
  3. Gina_on_the_thread, May 10, 2021
  4. Finding product key

How to Find Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Jyothi,

There are different ways to check your product key depending on how you obtain your Windows 10. See
    Find your Windows Product Key support article.

If you have a new computer with preinstalled Windows 10, you can also retrieve your product key by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in the command prompt.
    • Press Enter.

Do get back to us should you encounter any difficulties.

Amylove Loy, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Finding product key

1. Finding product key - Similar Threads - Finding product key

2. not finding product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not finding product key: i am not able to operte window prperly and it is asking for product key and my windows is 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-finding-product-key/250bca64-c532-49f8-a023-c0e07042d3e8
  3. Find Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find Product Key: Hello,I have hard drive that has windows 10 installed and is failing to boot. Where can I find the product key on this drive using another computer to search in the Hdd.thanks...
  4. Find Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find Product Key: Hello,I have hard drive that has windows 10 installed and is failing to boot. Where can I find the product key on this drive using another computer to search in the Hdd.thanks...
  5. Find Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Product key find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key find: So my problem is quite complicated and completely my fault but I hope I can get some help. I was trying to fix some really weird network issues that started months after building my PC . It had been working in perfect condition but suddenly stopped connecting correctly. In an...
  7. finding product key

finding product key: To whom it may concern,i have been dealing with this problem of my laptop constantly asking me to activate my windowsbut i havnt been able to find my product key i have been told to try windows key+X and then click on command promt and write this "wmic path...
  8. finding product key

finding product key: I have a older Surface tablet that I bought used and it was upgraded to windows 10. I don't have the key and it wants me to activate the windows. How do I find the product key or digital license for the windows 10 on this thing?...
  9. find the product key

find the product key: I did reset my laptop and then reinstall windows 10 with a CD and now it's need the product key. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-the-product-key/41d5fcd7-e5a8-408b-8f38-9e0c49dd93e2"
  10. Finding Product key

Finding Product key: How can i find my windows product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-product-key/8bc5f5cf-9a5f-48c4-9665-28fcb9b985ff"