Windows 10: finding recycle bin icon

Discus and support finding recycle bin icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problems Finding the Recycle Bin icon First advice from advisor: If your desktop shows no icons at all, right-click or press and hold the desktop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeeSites, Mar 21, 2020.

1. LeeSites Win User

finding recycle bin icon

Problems Finding the Recycle Bin icon
    First advice from advisor:
    If your desktop shows no icons at all, right-click or press and hold the desktop and select View. If Show desktop icons has no checkmark, click it to add one.
    If that doesn't work, try this:
    Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings.
    Make sure the check box for Recycle Bin is checked, then select OK. You should see the icon displayed on your desktop.
    Note: If you are in tablet mode, desktop icons are not displayed. To see your desktop icons in tablet mode, go to Start > Settings > System > Tablet Mode. Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode and Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode should be turned off.
    Open the Themes setting
    communications w Windows advisor
    Hrm. Did this just happen recently? If so, let's do a system restore.
    Please type into Windows Search
    System Restore
    and press enter on the first search result Create a restore point.
    In the box that pops up, click the System Restore button.
    Is there a restore point set to a date from before you had this problem?
    If so, please select to restore to this machine state.
    My reply:
    The box was blank......right above the box was: “Type a description to help you identify the restore point. The current date and time are added automatically.”
    next step
    Window button - type in the search area - cmd
    then when results show up....right click and select Run As administrator
    at the command prompt type in: sfc/scannow
    then wait....

the result: Gets to 80% and then freezes - the first attempt

then I ran updated Windows...and after that was done , I did another sfc/scannow and the second attempt completed the 100% and gave this message:
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    But still no Recycle Bin icon on the desk top
    then I retried the system restore method and this time the other box opened and the option for a point date was indicated and the date was the 3-20-20 ...so I hit the restore button and it went through but then an error message eventually popped up and said:
    System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer’s files and settings were not changed.
    Details:
    System Restore failed to extract the file C:\Windows\System32\sru\SRUDB.dat from the restore point.
    An unspecified error occurred during the System Restore. 0x80070017
    You can try System Restore again and choose a different restore point. If you continue to see this error, you can try an advanced recovery method.

Now what????

:)

LeeSites, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Mar 21, 2020
  4. ipellant Win User

finding recycle bin icon

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

finding recycle bin icon

1. finding recycle bin icon - Similar Threads - finding recycle bin

2. Cant Find recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Find recycle bin: Hi I am unable to find recycle bin folder. Please hellp me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-recycle-bin/94c81806-78c9-4a7b-84d5-c36375e07f1b
  3. Cant Find recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Find recycle bin: Hi I am unable to find recycle bin folder. Please hellp me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-recycle-bin/94c81806-78c9-4a7b-84d5-c36375e07f1b
  4. Desktop icons in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in recycle bin: Hi guys, Having a small problem where i go to start my laptop in the morning after using it the night before and for some reason alot of my desktop icons have been sent to my recycle bin? So every morning i have to restore them all... it`s a bit annoying. I have Sync turned...
  5. Cannot open or find recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open or find recycle bin: I cannot open the recycle bin with file explorer and I cannot see $Recycle.bin hidden files display option on sfc /SCANNOW was okay rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and reboot did not recreate the $Recycle.bin folder What now?...
  6. Recycle Bin icon completely transparent

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin icon completely transparent: The only way that I could find the Recycle Bin on my desktop was by the icon label. The actual icon is 100% transparent, and the Properties for the icon didn't have any way to change the icon. The windows wallpaper is the rockclimbing picture. Any ideas? [img] 150569
  7. Recycle Bin Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin Icon: Windows 10 doesn't show the Recycle Bin Icon. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/94dea936-1ae4-428f-ab92-ae499eb5a093
  8. Recycle Bin Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin Icon: I don't have a recycle bin icon on this laptop. How do I get one? I'd like to empty it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/70730411-9560-4ffb-9bc6-60b85efdee2a
  9. Can’t find Recycle Bin! Where is the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t find Recycle Bin! Where is the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Missing Recycle Bin issue at times plagues users of Windows 10/8/7. At times you may find it missing from your desktop and are left wondering where the Recycle Bin icon has gone and how to get it back. Whatever the [...] This post Can’t find Recycle Bin!...
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635