Windows 10: Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1

Discus and support Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've found a security vulnerability in windows 8.1, I know that the windows 8.1 is out of support Is that still possible to send this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John_123_177, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1

Hello, I've found a security vulnerability in windows 8.1, I know that the windows 8.1 is out of support Is that still possible to send this vulnerability for unsupported OS to Microsoft? and is there any bug bounty program related to windows OS itself thanks

:)

John_123_177, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: ICASI integrates into FIRST PSIRT SIG bolstering the incident response and security team industry

Source: Security Update Guide - Microsoft Security Response Center

Yukikaze, Jun 7, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1

1. Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Finding security vulnerability

2. Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1: Hello, I've found a security vulnerability in windows 8.1, I know that the windows 8.1 is out of support Is that still possible to send this vulnerability for unsupported OS to Microsoft? and is there any bug bounty program related to windows OS itself thanks...
  3. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  4. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  5. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 10 login security vulnerability

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login security vulnerability: I finally realized that when entering my pin to log into Windows 10, the login will not display the dot icon. This means that means that you can tell if the next character you entered is valid or not.For a hacker with access to your keyboard, the effort for trial and error...
  7. Security/vulnerability check for Windows 10 App

Security/vulnerability check for Windows 10 App: does anyone know of an application running on Windows 10 that will check a custom App for security vulnerabilities? Apparently Microsoft MBAS did this but is not available on Windows 10. Visual Studio seems to offer some capabilities ... any comments on their usefulness?...
  8. CVE-2020-0601 Windows CryptoAPI Spoofing Vulnerability Security Vulnerability Published:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CVE-2020-0601 Windows CryptoAPI Spoofing Vulnerability Security Vulnerability Published:...: Having Windows 10 for some time now, I'm sure along with others, Microsoft continues seemingly monthly, at minimum to post update WARNINGS. WHY is such a company continually putting out updates for their customers with Windows 10 when they themselves don't take the proper...
  9. VLC Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    VLC Security Vulnerability: ... A serious Vulnerability has been found in the current version of the VLC media player. It can allow an attacker to remotely view and alter data, as well as execute code, on affected systems. VideoLan is working on a fix to be incorporated into the next version of VLC,...
  10. Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability: A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) which could allow an attacker to bypass WDAC enforcement. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could circumvent PowerShell Core Constrained Language Mode on the...