Windows 10: Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

Discus and support Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have been facing the issue of BSOD with Stop code error stating Bad System Config Info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShaileshGhadge, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

Hello,

I have been facing the issue of BSOD with Stop code error stating Bad System Config Info

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...m-config/8cbaf277-e2d0-4585-8028-22298051182c

The only option seems to be reinstalling Windows.(I have got backup of files, so clean install is not an issue)

However, I do not have any recovery Disk or Installation media or Serial Key.

Windows 7 Pro came originally installed with my HP Probook 4430s

And consequently, upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro via Windows Update

So, I'm concerned that what I would do when I re-install the Windows 10 pro via bootable USB created from ISO available on Windows site here(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO)?

I have not changed my motherboard or HDD ever. Also, I'm not sure if my original Win 7 Pro license was OEM or not.

Is there any file where the Serial Key information is stored on my Laptop? I can access the data, so if I know what file to check, I can write it down,

:)

ShaileshGhadge, Nov 9, 2019

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Nov 9, 2019
  3. How to find out the serial number of Windows 10 Pro

How to find out the serial number of Windows 10 Pro if Windows 7 originally was on the laptop, updated to Windows 8, and then to Windows 10?

I want to reinstall the system from scratch, by formatting the hard drive.

Laptop Toshiba Satellite L850-B5K

The serial number of the preinstalled Windows 7 Home Bacis can be sent to the e-mail address.

TabithaAnderson, Nov 9, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional genuine license keys with Lifetime Validity

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

1. Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally) - Similar Threads - Finding Serial Key

2. updated windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updated windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro: I have updated my os from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro, windows 10 gets a new windows key after the update, my question is what will happen to windows 7 pro key?...
  3. Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro: I've been using windows 7 for 5 years now and I got a message from Microsoft saying windows 7 pc's are not in support anymore and I need to get a new pc. Of course I don't have the money for it so please tell me how to upgrade windows 7 pc to windows 10...
  4. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro: First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built...
  5. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Updated from 7 to Win 10 or Pro?

Updated from 7 to Win 10 or Pro?: When the free updates from Win7 where being distributed i cant recall how i got 10Pro, was this an upgrade option at the time? I want to do a complete fresh install of Win10 and i noticed i now have the pro edition but if i do fresh install will it still be pro edition? 131028
  8. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  9. Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key

Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key: Hi guys Quick question which I have tried googling and found no definitive answer to. I have Windows 10 Home and want to upgrade to Pro. I also have an unactivated Windows 7 Pro key from an old laptop. Does anyone know whether I can use the Windows 7 Pro key to activate...
  10. Recover / Reinstall Win 10 / 7 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recover / Reinstall Win 10 / 7 Pro: Hi and here goes .. *Upgraded from Win7 Pro (original installed at purchase) to 10 Pro online and been great for months *After last automatic updates BSOD *Laptop was signed in Ms acc before crash and says I am running Win10 verified - laptop says running Win7? (all my...