Windows 10: Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

Discus and support Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have been facing the issue of BSOD with Stop code error stating Bad System Config Info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShaileshGhadge, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:42 AM.

1. Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

Hello,

I have been facing the issue of BSOD with Stop code error stating Bad System Config Info

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...m-config/8cbaf277-e2d0-4585-8028-22298051182c

The only option seems to be reinstalling Windows.(I have got backup of files, so clean install is not an issue)

However, I do not have any recovery Disk or Installation media or Serial Key.

Windows 7 Pro came originally installed with my HP Probook 4430s

And consequently, upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro via Windows Update

So, I'm concerned that what I would do when I re-install the Windows 10 pro via bootable USB created from ISO available on Windows site here(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO)?

I have not changed my motherboard or HDD ever. Also, I'm not sure if my original Win 7 Pro license was OEM or not.

Is there any file where the Serial Key information is stored on my Laptop? I can access the data, so if I know what file to check, I can write it down,

:)

ShaileshGhadge, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:42 AM

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

3. How to find out the serial number of Windows 10 Pro

How to find out the serial number of Windows 10 Pro if Windows 7 originally was on the laptop, updated to Windows 8, and then to Windows 10?

I want to reinstall the system from scratch, by formatting the hard drive.

Laptop Toshiba Satellite L850-B5K

The serial number of the preinstalled Windows 7 Home Bacis can be sent to the e-mail address.

TabithaAnderson, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:45 AM
  4. tigger Win User

Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional genuine license keys with Lifetime Validity

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

Thema:

Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

1. Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally) - Similar Threads - Finding Serial Key

2. Cant find my Win 10 Serial key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant find my Win 10 Serial key: My Hp Omen Laptop burned out so I take my SSD which win 10 original installed on and put it in my new pc but something wrong happened during installing so I had to format my SSD and I used a bootable usb to install win 10 It worked but I cant activate it because I cant...
  3. Updated from 7 to Win 10 or Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated from 7 to Win 10 or Pro?: When the free updates from Win7 where being distributed i cant recall how i got 10Pro, was this an upgrade option at the time? I want to do a complete fresh install of Win10 and i noticed i now have the pro edition but if i do fresh install will it still be pro edition? 131028
  4. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  5. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  6. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  7. Copy a VHD file from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Copy a VHD file from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro?: I have a licensed copy of XP running in XP Mode on a Win 7 Pro machine. I have seen instructions on the net for getting Hyper V up and running where I can create a new XP Mode VHD file, but, I would like to copy my own file from my Win 7 Pro machine (because it contains the...
  8. Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key

Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key: Hi guys Quick question which I have tried googling and found no definitive answer to. I have Windows 10 Home and want to upgrade to Pro. I also have an unactivated Windows 7 Pro key from an old laptop. Does anyone know whether I can use the Windows 7 Pro key to activate...
  9. Recover / Reinstall Win 10 / 7 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recover / Reinstall Win 10 / 7 Pro: Hi and here goes .. *Upgraded from Win7 Pro (original installed at purchase) to 10 Pro online and been great for months *After last automatic updates BSOD *Laptop was signed in Ms acc before crash and says I am running Win10 verified - laptop says running Win7? (all my...
  10. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install: I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community... on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB I have Windows 7 Pro license and VMWare Fusion Pro license What to do??? Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install...as a VM? Or have to...