Windows 10: Finding the cd rom support in windows 10

Discus and support Finding the cd rom support in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Where do you find the program for a cd player in windows 10 * Moved from Garage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ronnieblackburn, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Finding the cd rom support in windows 10

Where do you find the program for a cd player in windows 10

* Moved from Garage

:)

ronnieblackburn, Mar 17, 2020

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Mar 17, 2020
  3. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Finding the cd rom support in windows 10

Windows 10: CD ROM drive is recognised, but some CD ROMS won't run - any ideas

Hi Matty,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Have you checked the CD in a different computer? What is the status?

• Does this issue specific to any particular CD?

I suggest you to clean the disk and try again. Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, Uninstall and reinstall the device from Device Manager. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Find the DVD/CD-ROM drives and expand it. Now, right click on it select
      Uninstall.

• Restart the computer and Windows should reinstall the device.
    Make sure you have the latest Windows Updates installed. Also check for the optional updates which may have the required drivers for the device.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Finding the cd rom support in windows 10

1. Finding the cd rom support in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Finding rom support

2. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there any way to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you <Changed to a question>...
  3. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there anyway to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you...
  4. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there anyway to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you...
  5. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. cd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  7. cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  8. CD Rom

CD Rom: I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/d4ad6025-8f38-4e94-9fb8-8e23ccacea88
  9. CD Rom

CD Rom: I have a Lenovo laptop which is running off of Windows 10. I updated my computer some tome ago where ever since, I cannot play any DVD's. I have tried to diagnose the problem for months now and I am at a loss. My driver says that it is working properly and is up to date,...
  10. CD Rom

CD Rom: The D drive (CD Rom) appears in the explorer but I can't have it display the info on the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/4810c955-de87-4f6c-8106-7ede083218d8