Windows 10: Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer

Discus and support Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicolas Gouwy, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer

hello,

when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you get your .png file with black pixels instead of transparent pixels, and that's good.

Now if you replace all white pixels with black pixels, file explorer will set the background (so, transparency pixels) to white for a better view.

But since I added both white .png files and black .png files, the background is always set to black and it became impossible to see black pictures.. event after removing all white files, the background won't set to white.

I since had some problems with my hard drive and had to buy one and reinstall W10 (the .png files are on OneDrive) but File explorer still shows .png files with a black background after reinstallation so maybe the prob is persistant? please help me setting the background to white of anything else that can let me see the pictures without having to open them.

***Original title: .png files in file explorer on W10***

:)

Nicolas Gouwy, Jul 5, 2019
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jul 5, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer

1. Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer - Similar Threads - Finding PNG files

2. File Explorer looks different recently and it is more cumbersome to find a file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer looks different recently and it is more cumbersome to find a file.: I have Windows 11 Home, version 22H2. File Explorer looks different recently. For example, to find a document file, I used to go to This PC>Documents and then look for whatever folder to which I saved the document. Now, I have to go to This...
  3. File Explorer looks different recently and it is more cumbersome to find a file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer looks different recently and it is more cumbersome to find a file.: I have Windows 11 Home, version 22H2. File Explorer looks different recently. For example, to find a document file, I used to go to This PC>Documents and then look for whatever folder to which I saved the document. Now, I have to go to This...
  4. Android pixel 6a not shown in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android pixel 6a not shown in file explorer: Hi, i have a problem when connecting my new pixel 6a phone.there is a noise when i plug the phone in and when i change it to file transfer option on the usb menu of my phone. the cable is definitely data i have tried other cables and have used the cable with other devicesi...
  5. Android pixel 6a not shown in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android pixel 6a not shown in file explorer: Hi, i have a problem when connecting my new pixel 6a phone.there is a noise when i plug the phone in and when i change it to file transfer option on the usb menu of my phone. the cable is definitely data i have tried other cables and have used the cable with other devicesi...
  6. File explorer can’t find file

in Cortana
    File explorer can’t find file: I do a search in file explorer. It can’t find a file called “crystaldiskinfo”. I search “in” or “disk” or “info”. Tried it on my MacBook. Works fine. Why is windows 10 search so useless....
  7. Explorer window preview of PNG files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer window preview of PNG files: Anyone else experiencing lack of support for previews of files in windows 10? Tried all the online articles on how to resolve this and still no luck. submitted by /u/ChromeQuixote [link] [comments]...
  8. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...
  9. .png files in file explorer on W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .png files in file explorer on W10: hello, when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you get your .png file with black pixels instead of transparent pixels, and that's good. Now if you replace all white pixels...
  10. Different File Explorer version?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different File Explorer version?: My laptop's File Explorer changed to what seems to be a different version of the program: [ATTACH] Without turning dark theme on, only ones with a sharp eye could see how the title bar design is different than the usual one. This version also has issues displaying dark...