Windows 10: finding the printer pin

Discus and support finding the printer pin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; finding the printer pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardGaylord, Sep 28, 2018.

1. finding the printer pin

finding the printer pin

:)

RichardGaylord, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Windows can't find printer, finds nonexistent printers

As per your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to your PC.
    • If it still won't work, try running the printing troubleshooter.
    • If you’re still having problems, your printer may need a new driver.

finding the printer pin [​IMG]
    • Open Start,
      enter Devices and Printers,
      select it from the list of results, and select your printer. Then select
      Remove device at the top of the screen and reinstall your printer
    If Windows doesn’t automatically find a new driver, look for one on the
    device manufacturer's website and follow their installation instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Ma. Lau, Sep 28, 2018
  3. WPS Pin needed for HP printer

regardless if you push the manual button or turn it on in the modem/router settings, The OP wants to connect the printer, which means a simple retrieve the PIN CODE on the UNIT and enter it.

There is no more to do.

All I ever do is turn on WPS and connect a PC or printer and enter the PIN# in the discovered items list. The same list you find it and enter the encryption key from the network taskbar tray icon.

I never had to mess with any printer itself to connect WPS. Hmmmmm.

Certified_Friend, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Dutch Win User

finding the printer pin

How to get Windows 10 to find & retain a Lexmark CS310 printer?

Hello.

Windows 10 will not find my Lexmark CS310 printer that I want to use as the default printer.

After first installing Win 10, It found the printer and let me set it as the default. The printer was repeated in the list of printers in this way:
    Lexmark CS310
    Lexmark CS310 (Copy 1)

When I deleted the "Copy 1" listing, Win 10 removed *both* listings for the printer and now cannot find it. I have searched in various ways including the one about my printer is old, but all to no avail.

I can still print using that printer, but it will not retain it as the default (so I have to manually select it each time) and will not add it to the list of printers.

I read the thread "Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer in Settings" then checked my settings and saw that "Let Windows manage my default printer" is selected, but the computer does not retain the Lexmark CS310 printer after printing with that printer and cannot find it when I search for the printer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dutch, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

finding the printer pin

1. finding the printer pin - Similar Threads - finding printer pin

2. where can I find the computer Pin# for setting up wireless printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where can I find the computer Pin# for setting up wireless printer?: Where can I find the computer security PIN number to set up a wireless printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-computer-pin-for-setting-up/230bbabc-00a9-4c81-8e69-2847039d008f
  3. where can I find the computer Pin# for setting up wireless printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where can I find the computer Pin# for setting up wireless printer?: Where can I find the computer security PIN number to set up a wireless printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-computer-pin-for-setting-up/230bbabc-00a9-4c81-8e69-2847039d008f
  4. Program Finding "Ghost" Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Finding "Ghost" Printers: Our in-house computer program Epicor Eagle is finding printers that claim to be on windows middle window pictured below. As you can see Windows doesn't have any record of these printers. These printers were previously installed locally or from a network device on the computer...
  5. I need to find WPS Pin to add a printer where do I find it

I need to find WPS Pin to add a printer where do I find it: I Need to find my printer and it is asking for WPS Pin where do I find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-find-wps-pin-to-add-a-printer-where-do-i/920b99de-0838-4bd4-b37f-c5c6be0ce0dc
  6. Cannot find printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find printers: I was in the middle of working yesterday and, suddenly, all of my printers essentially disappeared. I has happened before, and I was able to restart my computer and they were there again. But not this time. Here is a screenshots of my printer selection list from another...
  7. Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?

Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer?: Where do I find the WPS pin# for the printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-wps-pin-for-the-printer/9b740203-aba2-4563-8057-d72f404b7733
  8. WPS Pin on Dell Printer

WPS Pin on Dell Printer: I am trying to find the WPS Pin on my Dell Printer E310dw. I set it up before with their support team. However the warranty ran out and I am not paying for another printer {second time already}, or an extended warranty. I got a new modem and ran into this problem. Any...
  9. WPS PIN for printer installation

WPS PIN for printer installation: My canon pixma mx492 worked just fine for well over a year, but today suddenly won't connect. In my various troubleshooting I uninstalled the printer and then rebooted everything to reinstall it. The reboot of the computer involved a Windows 10 update. After this reboot an...
  10. Can't Find A Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Find A Printer: I have a two printers installed on my home WiFi, yet when I 'search' for them neither show up, what am I doing wrong. I have a new laptop which doesn't have a DVD/CD Drive to use the printer install disc so I need to figure this out. 50706