Windows 10: Finding the Sound Connector

Discus and support Finding the Sound Connector in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 to access sound, no problem.I just bought a speaker and tested it by connecting it to my smart phone to make sure the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thailend19, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Finding the Sound Connector

I have been using Windows 10 to access sound, no problem.I just bought a speaker and tested it by connecting it to my smart phone to make sure the speaker works. It does. However, when I run speaker wires to the input on my laptop pc, the pc doesn't recognize the externeal speakers. How can I correct this?

:)

thailend19, Jul 25, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Finding the Sound Connector :p

cadaveca, Jul 25, 2018
  3. What is App Connector...?

Right, you might not be a developer but at some point you might use a 3rd party UWP App.

The UWP Skype App needs access to your camera and your microphone ... while not a 3rd party App, Skype might not have access to those without App Connector - not sure, just an example.

The Google App (Ok Google) needs to access your microphone.

Instead of everyone writing their own access, getting permissions, etc, their Apps ask the App Connector to service their requests.

This approach is nothing new to Android users, when an Android App gets installed, it lists the permissions it requires. You either accept them or cancel the install. Most people accept and install the App. MS might be trying to get past that one install step by granting the permissions to the App Connector. The permissions are listed on the App page in the Store - nothing nefarious, just eliminating a step.

Keep in mind - this is all conjecture on my part - no hard evidence did I find *Wink

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Finding the Sound Connector

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Finding the Sound Connector

1. Finding the Sound Connector - Similar Threads - Finding Sound Connector

2. search connector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search connector: What is a search connector? Is it necessary? Can it be used by a Hacker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-connector/b6cab2f7-f865-4a36-b693-04b40a6be7f1
  3. search connector

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search connector: What is a search connector? Is it necessary? Can it be used by a Hacker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-connector/b6cab2f7-f865-4a36-b693-04b40a6be7f1
  4. search connector

in Cortana
  5. Azure AD Connector

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Azure AD Connector: If I have one Azure Ad connector at one data center. If there was a disaster or during DR testing, I power down the the Azure AD connector and bring it up a copy/replicated/backup on the other data center. Same VLan no change to the machine. Then run it for a day then delete...
  6. Motherboard power connector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard power connector: I have a HP Pavilion p6-2300f desktop, Window 10. I just added a newer dvd writer to it. I had not issue in accomplishing that task. Somehow, I unplugged the connector for the power button. I do know where I should plug it in. I have attache a picture of the connector [img]...
  7. Front USB connectors

Front USB connectors: Curious, is there any options available to connect the front USB 2.0 (on a desktop), to a USB 3.0 PCIe card? Thus, giving the front USB ports, 3.0, versus 2.0. Thanks in advance for all your ideas... 126078
  8. What is App Connector...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is App Connector...?: Windows 10 Settings have this mysterious item. What does the App Connector do and why does it need access to my location, camera, etc....? Thanks, BBDS 52870
  9. case fan connectors

case fan connectors: ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo i7-3770K 16 GB RAM My final build and almost done. The case has a 120mm fan that has both a 4-Pin molex connector and a 3-Pin chassis fan connector I'm thinking I only need to plug one in. The 4-pin connector will be continuous fan or the 3-pin...
  10. Missing Ethernet connector

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Ethernet connector: I've been having problems with my network drives which seems to have happened after a recent Windows 10 'update' In device manager I stupidly deleted a number of Windows adaptors under the Gigabit network connection. Now I just have the Red Cross over the Internet icon....