Windows 10: Finding the type of modem being used without looking at the modem itself.

Discus and support Finding the type of modem being used without looking at the modem itself. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am new to computers in general. However, I do know that in Windows 7 a person was able to get all of the information they needed about their pc such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Math12DM, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Math12DM Win User

Finding the type of modem being used without looking at the modem itself.

I am new to computers in general. However, I do know that in Windows 7 a person was able to get all of the information they needed about their pc such as cpu model etc. by clicking in the systems and properties selections. Now with Windows 10 all this has changed and I even have a problem finding the control panel icon. That being said, how do I find out all of my modem specs. without having to dig through all the wires and file cabinets to look at the modem itself?

:)

Math12DM, Dec 31, 2019

2. ZTE MODEM is not working on Creators update.

Hi,

Your modem's driver may not be compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update, thus the error message you're receiving. Here are our suggestions for fixing the issue:

1) Update the modem driver through Device Manager.

• Press your Windows key and type Device Manager.
    • Right-click on it then look for the driver related to your ZTE
      modem.
    • Once located, click on the drop down button and choose Update driver.

2) Contact the modem's manufacturer.

• Since this issue also deals with a third-party product, contacting the support team of your manufacturer would also be a good step to take.

Let us know if you need more help.

Jairit Bet, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    HSPA USB Modem

Hi,

To find out more about the modem issues that you’re experiencing after installing Creators Update, we just have a few questions for you:

• Can your laptop still detect the modem when you plug it in?

• What's the make and model of your laptop?

• What's the make and model of your USB modem?

• Is the modem plug-and-play or do you have to install a separate software to make it work?

• Do you receive an error message? If yes, please post a screenshot.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

• Which network driver is on your laptop?

Note: To check the network drivers on your device, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Device Manager.

• Click the drop-down arrow under Network Adapter.

We look forward to your response.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Finding the type of modem being used without looking at the modem itself. - Similar Threads - Finding type modem

2. modem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modem.: my modem will not respond to ip address.192.168.0.1.Have tried too reset it's factory password but no dice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modem/a8a60dab-d874-4fec-87ee-8090eeeeea5c
  3. modem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    modem.: my modem will not respond to ip address.192.168.0.1.Have tried too reset it's factory password but no dice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modem/a8a60dab-d874-4fec-87ee-8090eeeeea5c
  4. modem.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. modems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    modems: My modem and computer will not communicate through the ethernet cable. Any ideas on what might be causing this? it says connected secured, not connected back and fourth. it says ethernet cable unplugged. it cant be the modem, because my other computer is plugged into it and...
  6. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  7. INTERNET, MODEM

INTERNET, MODEM: Hello. I created a standard user account in Windows 10. My modem which works okay in the administrator account is not working in the standard user account... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-modem/8bb8b0e0-ed2a-4e93-89f5-4632996d524c
  8. Can I use my router without modem?

Can I use my router without modem?: As the title, earlier I can use my router without my modem, but now I can't use it anymore. When I turn on my router, It said that there is "Unidentified Network" Can anybody solve this, or I should use my modem again. Because my router is not connected to internet. I just...
  9. Intel Modem keeps reinstalling itself

Intel Modem keeps reinstalling itself: Hi, I am not sure if the should have gone in the Drivers/Hardware section or not, so I posted to the general section. Also, this isn't really a problem confined to Windows 10, it occured with Windows 7 as well. But here goes. I have an ASUS PQ5Pro motherboard with an...
  10. Modem use

Modem use: Hi All, I am new to using Win10, and I would like to find out if Windows 10 will utilize an internal modem? I have an Asus laptop, it does NOT have an internal modem, nor could I find a place for it when it was running Win8.1. I would like to know this before I upgrade my...