Windows 10: Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

Discus and support Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1903 Build 183262.418 I was trying to figure more about this, There seems to be few threads relating back to this on windows 8 . I understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mik07, Nov 1, 2019.

1. mik07 Win User

Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

Version 1903 Build 183262.418

I was trying to figure more about this, There seems to be few threads relating back to this on windows 8 . I understand Dwm.exe is used by windows for rendering purpose of the windows manager. However, my question is more related to why the user name is different named as DWM-1. I would like to know why this is the case here. It seems weird as in other few thread, it stated that about anonymous user.
    Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager [​IMG]

windows-8 : Certain process running under username "DWM-1" and "ANONYMOUS LOGON" - Super User

:)

mik07, Nov 1, 2019

2. Credentials for Task Manager

Thanks for the info ...

If this is the case why it only effecting 1 machine not all of them?

It also doesn't require the Admin username and password the standard user details work.

Marc@Glanvilles, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

ricardobohner, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

1. Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager - Similar Threads - Finding username DWM

2. Task Manager - Startup Program Name "1"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager - Startup Program Name "1": Hi, Has anyone encountered a program in the Task Manager, Startup tab named "1"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-startup-program-name-1/6a2dcc7c-f8a7-45b2-bded-a811b07bdc60
  3. GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager: Hi, i have been getting this kind of weird problem, i have built a new pc recently and sometimes it just freezes and i cant do almost nothing, followed by a restart 6 minutes laters, i have found out that in task manager my gpu gets to -1% when this happens, no graph updates...
  4. GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager: Hi, i have been getting this kind of weird problem, i have built a new pc recently and sometimes it just freezes and i cant do almost nothing, followed by a restart 6 minutes laters, i have found out that in task manager my gpu gets to -1% when this happens, no graph updates...
  5. GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. task manager username

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task manager username: shouln't these programs be running under system why is it running under my name. is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-username/9689410d-2d9b-485f-aa27-e16cafc850e5
  7. Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core: I have I7 8700 and it's showing 1 core to task manager and msconfig but in device manager its normal.any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-and-msconfig-show-1-core/a9d63877-7e79-472c-b530-1b733ae90f15
  8. DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager

DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager: Hi, recently I have noticed that the memory usage is large for DWM on my lenovo legion gaming laptop. It could have used a large amount prior to me noticing it as I haven't really ever checked the task manager. It goes up to 250MB. Also just to note that the laptop won't have...
  9. CAN'T FIND PROCESS IDENTIFIER IN TASK MANAGER.

CAN'T FIND PROCESS IDENTIFIER IN TASK MANAGER.: I have a problem that the pid code showing in my command prompt is not showing on the task manager. I wanna ask you is this normal or is there any thing wrong is going behind. Is my desktop hacked?...
  10. Task manager how to find main process?

Task manager how to find main process?: In windows 7 in Task Manager If I have chrome and IE, there are many chrome.exe and iesplore.exe processes, however if I right click on any Chrome entry in Application and Go To Process it takes me to the main chrome process, meaning I kill it I kill all of Chrome. Same for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. username dwm-1

2. dwm-1 user

3. username DWM