Windows 10: Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

Discus and support Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1903 Build 183262.418 I was trying to figure more about this, There seems to be few threads relating back to this on windows 8 . I understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mik07, Nov 1, 2019.

1. mik07 Win User

Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

Version 1903 Build 183262.418

I was trying to figure more about this, There seems to be few threads relating back to this on windows 8 . I understand Dwm.exe is used by windows for rendering purpose of the windows manager. However, my question is more related to why the user name is different named as DWM-1. I would like to know why this is the case here. It seems weird as in other few thread, it stated that about anonymous user.
    Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager [​IMG]

windows-8 : Certain process running under username "DWM-1" and "ANONYMOUS LOGON" - Super User

:)

mik07, Nov 1, 2019

2. Credentials for Task Manager

Thanks for the info ...

If this is the case why it only effecting 1 machine not all of them?

It also doesn't require the Admin username and password the standard user details work.

Marc@Glanvilles, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

ricardobohner, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

1. Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager - Similar Threads - Finding username DWM

2. Task manager how to find main process?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager how to find main process?: In windows 7 in Task Manager If I have chrome and IE, there are many chrome.exe and iesplore.exe processes, however if I right click on any Chrome entry in Application and Go To Process it takes me to the main chrome process, meaning I kill it I kill all of Chrome. Same for...
  3. Dwm crashing

Dwm crashing: Hi. I've been just using my computer pretty generally playing games and such and this program DWM.exe crashes very often especially when opening an application I beleive higher resolutions do make the issue worse but it's been happening more and more often and I'm afraid my...
  4. Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager: I have attached a screenshot taken just now of my Task Manager. Isn't that Memory number running awfully high? The one thing that is really huge is Firefox, around 700 MB and I only have two tabs open. 133311
  5. Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: I have attached a screenshot taken just now of my Task Manager. Isn't that Memory number running awfully high? The one thing that is really huge is Firefox, around 700 MB and I only have two tabs open. 133311
  6. task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task Manager: Im in my task manager and I have like 6 Google chrome and Don't understand why all of those would be running using memory. can I end them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/632abd16-12a2-494d-883c-f154c772ccae
  7. Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager: I am trying to set up an alarm using task manager. However, when I attempt to change a condition to "wake PC up to perform this task", and click the " Ok " button, it prompts me to put in a password for my account. My account is the only one on this device and I'm using...
  8. task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task manager: when i try to open task manager it comes up with an error of "c:\WINDOWS\system32\DUI70.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error" i get the same message when i try and factory reset, delete a bluetooth device, and other stuff like that. also, i...
  9. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d
  10. TASK MANAGER

TASK MANAGER: When I open Task Manager I get the following: APPS (1) BACKGROUND PROCESSES (75) WINDOWS PROCESS (98) I have no idea what all these processes are nor how they got there. I had Windows 10 on my previous computer, never saw such larger number of processes running. I'm...