Windows 10: Finding What is Dependent on What

Discus and support Finding What is Dependent on What in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Just found that in Excel (first time I've used it since upgraded to Win-10 in December 2019) that it will not allow me to record a macro, create a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by dw85745, Mar 30, 2020.

1. dw85745 Win User

Finding What is Dependent on What

Just found that in Excel (first time I've used it since upgraded to Win-10 in December 2019) that it will not allow me to record a macro, create a macro, or bring up the Visual Basic editor. After upgrading to Win-10 I noticed a lot of new programs loaded which I'll never use {my big beef with Microsoft not allowing user to not load this stuff during install /upgrade}. I removed a number of these program {have a list}.

The old dependency walker used to do a decent job of finding linkages (what affects what) but looking for something newer and better that will allow one to select the App (Excel this case) and list all DLL's, Reg Keys, Services, etc. and better yet then check if those DLL's , Reg Keys, Services, exist and or are turned on -- and provide -- a list of what is missing.
    ---------------------
    QUESTION
    -------------------
    Anyone know of such a program and the name, link to it, etc. ?

:)

dw85745, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 30, 2020
  3. dw85745 Win User

Just found that in Excel (first time I've used it since upgraded to Win-10 in December 2019) that it will not allow me to record a macro, create a macro, or bring up the Visual Basic editor. After upgrading to Win-10 I noticed a lot of new programs loaded which I'll never use {my big beef with Microsoft not allowing user to not load this stuff during install /upgrade}. I removed a number of these program {have a list}.

The old dependency walker used to do a decent job of finding linkages (what affects what) but looking for something newer and better that will allow one to select the App (Excel this case) and list all DLL's, Reg Keys, Services, etc. and better yet then check if those DLL's , Reg Keys, Services, exist and or are turned on -- and provide -- a list of what is missing.
    ---------------------
    QUESTION
    -------------------
    Anyone know of such a program and the name, link to it, etc. ?

dw85745, Mar 30, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Finding What is Dependent on What - Similar Threads - Finding Dependent

2. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows: we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-compatible-cameras-with-your/8172f01d-a428-4d6b-b100-1c21807d3f6a
  3. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows: we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-compatible-cameras-with-your/8172f01d-a428-4d6b-b100-1c21807d3f6a
  4. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  6. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  7. Why can my computer no longer find the external ARCAM irDAC-II digital to analog convertor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can my computer no longer find the external ARCAM irDAC-II digital to analog convertor...: My computer originally had a CPU and motherboard which wasa not compatible to W11. I have just changed them to compatible items. My sound system has run for several years without problems. It also worked with the new motherboard. Soon after the hardware change I reactivated...
  8. Why can my computer no longer find the external ARCAM irDAC-II digital to analog convertor...

Why can my computer no longer find the external ARCAM irDAC-II digital to analog convertor...: My computer originally had a CPU and motherboard which wasa not compatible to W11. I have just changed them to compatible items. My sound system has run for several years without problems. It also worked with the new motherboard. Soon after the hardware change I reactivated...
  9. need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find: I've been casting from my win 11 pc to my lg web os tv without any issues for over two years now. all of a sudden windows has decided that is can no longer find my lg tv 1, I can cast to my other lg tv2 but not to my main one1. I can cast to tv1 with my android phone. Is...
  10. need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find

need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find: I've been casting from my win 11 pc to my lg web os tv without any issues for over two years now. all of a sudden windows has decided that is can no longer find my lg tv 1, I can cast to my other lg tv2 but not to my main one1. I can cast to tv1 with my android phone. Is...