Windows 10: Finding which videos in a directory of various videos are H.265?

Discus and support Finding which videos in a directory of various videos are H.265? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a directory of over a thousand mixed H.264 and H.265 mobile phone videos. Is there a way I can filter them in Windows Explorers, so I can move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by King Mustard, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Finding which videos in a directory of various videos are H.265?

I have a directory of over a thousand mixed H.264 and H.265 mobile phone videos.

Is there a way I can filter them in Windows Explorers, so I can move them to H.264 and H.265 folders?

I've checked which columns I have available to me in Details view but none seem relevant.

:)

King Mustard, Jan 24, 2019

2. H.265 Decoder not working in Windows 10?

I have a couple of H.265 encoded video files that work perfectly in the preview edition of Windows 10 but for some reason they refuse to play in the released version of Windows 10 (exact same pc). I get sound but not video. Was the H.265 decoder removed
    from the final version?

Endlessknight, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    high data usage when using H.265 and Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. How are you accessing Netflix e.g. browser, app?

The (High Efficiency Video Coding) HEVC/H.265 standard, which offers a number of improvements over current H.264. H.265 is a high quality video compression algorithm and is suited for all types of applications with different ranges of bitrates. Hence it
    will take more bandwidth compared to H.264.

I suggest you to change your connection setting to Metered connection and check if that helps.

You can also try to change the resolution on the Netflix interface and check.

Hope this information helps. Kindly post back with the updated issue details for further assistance.

Pavan_N, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Finding which videos in a directory of various videos are H.265?

H.265 Decoder not working in Windows 10?

I've asked this question previously but never do a definitive answer so I'm asking again.

I have a couple of H.265 encoded video files that work perfectly in the preview edition of Windows 10 but for some reason they refuse to play in the released version of Windows 10 (exact
    same PCs). I get sound but not video. Is there a setting to enable HEVC support?

Endlessknight, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Finding which videos in a directory of various videos are H.265?

1. Finding which videos in a directory of various videos are H.265? - Similar Threads - Finding videos directory

2. Various bluescreens mainly video tdr failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various bluescreens mainly video tdr failure: Hi, for the past 2 months my PC has been having various bluescreens the main one being VIDEO TDR FAILURE, however some of the others ive experienced are PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION however they have only been about once or twice each....
  3. What Is Wrong With My Video Directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    What Is Wrong With My Video Directory?: I don't know what did this but if I am in a program that ask me to select a folder for a video to be saved to or imported from it has changed the name of a directory. I have created a folder Movies & TV which gets changed. I also see the error if I open windows explorer and...
  4. Windows 10 will no longer play .265 video files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 will no longer play .265 video files: Hi, A few days ago I ran Windows Update manually and installed the (KB4598242) update and since then my computer will no longer play any .265 video content. Before the update everything worked fine but since then attempting to play any file of this format in either...
  5. H.264 vs H.265 vs H.266: We explain what they are all about

in Windows 10 News
    H.264 vs H.265 vs H.266: We explain what they are all about: [ATTACH]The most popular video codec right now is the H.264 standard since almost all […] This article H.264 vs H.265 vs H.266: We explain what they are all about first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 won't let use h.265 on my video editing software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't let use h.265 on my video editing software: I'm having issues using h.265 in my video editing software. Someone told me I have to download something in the Microsoft store? submitted by /u/swiggyu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ja8cq8/windows_10_wont_let_use_h265_on_my_video_editing/
  7. Which video card to buy

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which video card to buy: Hey guys I have a HP ZR30w : HP ZR30w 30-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support Specifications of HP ZR30w 30-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor. [IMG] support.hp.com Which has a resolution of 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz. I bought this computer on Amazon but...
  8. Davinci Resolve and H.265 videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Davinci Resolve and H.265 videos: I have been using the free version of Davinci Resolve 16 to edit videos from my GoPro Hero 7 Black camera on a PC that is about 5 years old. I had installed the HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store and was able to process H.265 video with no problems. The system was...
  9. Free H.265 to H.264 Converters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free H.265 to H.264 Converters?: HEVC isn't supported on my WDTV Live. 33853
  10. BSOD Various video related crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Various video related crashes: I've been having a problem for a while of various crashes when it comes to watching videos on chrome for a while or in the middle of playing games. Sometimes the computer just shuts off completely like a light but always after a bit of time in a video or game. I'm not...