Windows 10: Finding windows version by product key

Discus and support Finding windows version by product key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop from a friend and he doesn't remember the original version of windows, which doesn't install on this computer anyway.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by תומר קוזניצקי, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Finding windows version by product key

Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop from a friend and he doesn't remember the original version of windows, which doesn't install on this computer anyway. Unfortunately, the sticker on the back got all white and I can only read the windows product key. Is there any way to find the exact windows version by the product key or IBM model, please?

:)

תומר קוזניצקי, Jun 24, 2022

2. Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 24, 2022
  3. How to find product key?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are looking for Windows Operating system product key then please refer the article

Find your Windows product key
    and see if that helps.

You can also try extracting the Windows product key using the WMIC command on command prompt. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows +
      S
      key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following command and hit enter:
      wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

If you are looking for Office product key then you can refer the article

Find your Office product key

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Finding windows version by product key

New Version of Windows XP to Combat Lack of Product Keys

The current version of Windows XP Service Pack 2.0b is currently running very low on product keys, due to piracy the surprising longevity of the product. And so, to combat the lack of product keys, Microsoft is creating a fresh batch by releasing Windows XP Service Pack 2.0c. There should be no major differences, other than the latest patches built in and the new abundance of keys.

This version of XP will only be available to OEM system builders, and will only be in the market until Windows XP's official EoL date: January 31st 2009. Retail copies of Windows XP will stop shipping on the January 31st 2008.

Source: Technet

zekrahminator, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Finding windows version by product key

1. Finding windows version by product key - Similar Threads - Finding version product

2. Finding windows version by product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding windows version by product key: Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop from a friend and he doesn't remember the original version of windows, which doesn't install on this computer anyway. Unfortunately, the sticker on the back got all white and I can only read the windows product key. Is there any way to find the...
  3. Find windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find windows product key: First, open Notepad by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop, hovering over “New,” and then selecting “Text Document” from the menu.Copy and paste this code into Notepad:Set WshShell = CreateObject"WScript.Shell"MsgBox...
  4. Find windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find windows product key: First, open Notepad by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop, hovering over “New,” and then selecting “Text Document” from the menu.Copy and paste this code into Notepad:Set WshShell = CreateObject"WScript.Shell"MsgBox...
  5. Find Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Find Product Key: Hello,I have hard drive that has windows 10 installed and is failing to boot. Where can I find the product key on this drive using another computer to search in the Hdd.thanks...
  6. finding product key

finding product key: To whom it may concern,i have been dealing with this problem of my laptop constantly asking me to activate my windowsbut i havnt been able to find my product key i have been told to try windows key+X and then click on command promt and write this "wmic path...
  7. Finding product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finding product key: how can I get my product key to activate windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-product-key/bcc8aefa-87af-401d-8c50-3fd4dfe61b6d
  8. Find Windows Product Key

Find Windows Product Key: I have two machines with two different editions of windows 10. The old one has Windows 10 Pro, and the new one has Windows 10 Home Single Language. I have lost the Windows 10 Pro key and Windows 10 Home Single Language came pre-installed on the machine, so I don't have key...
  9. finding product key

finding product key: I have a older Surface tablet that I bought used and it was upgraded to windows 10. I don't have the key and it wants me to activate the windows. How do I find the product key or digital license for the windows 10 on this thing?...
  10. Finding Product key

Finding Product key: How can i find my windows product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-product-key/8bc5f5cf-9a5f-48c4-9665-28fcb9b985ff"