Windows 10: Finds printer, but can't install it

Discus and support Finds printer, but can't install it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since 2004 Spring release which I just had installed a few weeks ago. It seems to detect my local network printer, but cannot install it. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jescott418, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Finds printer, but can't install it

Ever since 2004 Spring release which I just had installed a few weeks ago. It seems to detect my local network printer, but cannot install it. I tried to download the driver from HP web site which is pretty old for Windows 10. It is dated 2015 was the last update. I have tried all the recommended resolutions such as restarting printer, checking network connectivity and to no avail. I have used Windows OS for decades and never had a issue with Windows and printers. Well at least not until Windows 10 because I have had issues since Windows 10 was release and my HP Laserjet Pro 200 printer. Looking at my routers list of devices assigned IP addresses there does not appear to be any issues with it being detected. I have Mac's and iPads which have no problem printing. I even tried USB boot of Ubuntu Linux and it detected the Printer automatically. This is really frustrating given that my Wife a teacher does a lot of printing for educational purposes.

:)

jescott418, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Windows can't find printer, finds nonexistent printers

As per your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to your PC.
    • If it still won't work, try running the printing troubleshooter.
    • If you’re still having problems, your printer may need a new driver.

Finds printer, but can't install it [​IMG]
    • Open Start,
      enter Devices and Printers,
      select it from the list of results, and select your printer. Then select
      Remove device at the top of the screen and reinstall your printer
    If Windows doesn’t automatically find a new driver, look for one on the
    device manufacturer's website and follow their installation instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Ma. Lau, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Dutch Win User
    How to get Windows 10 to find & retain a Lexmark CS310 printer?

Hello.

Windows 10 will not find my Lexmark CS310 printer that I want to use as the default printer.

After first installing Win 10, It found the printer and let me set it as the default. The printer was repeated in the list of printers in this way:
    Lexmark CS310
    Lexmark CS310 (Copy 1)

When I deleted the "Copy 1" listing, Win 10 removed *both* listings for the printer and now cannot find it. I have searched in various ways including the one about my printer is old, but all to no avail.

I can still print using that printer, but it will not retain it as the default (so I have to manually select it each time) and will not add it to the list of printers.

I read the thread "Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer in Settings" then checked my settings and saw that "Let Windows manage my default printer" is selected, but the computer does not retain the Lexmark CS310 printer after printing with that printer and cannot find it when I search for the printer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dutch, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Finds printer, but can't install it

Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Welcome to TenForums!

First, I would suggest installing the actual driver package from Brother. While the printer may work with the fairly generic drivers that come with Windows 10, I've always found that I get better results from the actual Brother drivers.

I have a rather old Brother printer so the exact steps may be a bit different from yours, but in my case when I install the drivers it will search the network for available printers and allow me to specify the printer that it finds. If it does not find a printer, it may ask you to initially setup the printer via a direct connection (USB), and then configure the printer for network use (WiFi).

In any case, the installation wizard should guide you through the steps.

hsehestedt, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Finds printer, but can't install it

1. Finds printer, but can't install it - Similar Threads - Finds printer can't

2. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  3. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  4. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  5. Can't find my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  6. Can't find my printer

Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  7. computer can't find printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer can't find printer: I deleted and reinstalled the HP printer driver. The computer and printer are on the same wireless network. The troubleshooting haven't given any useful solutions.Under PRINTERS AND DEVICES manage button I attempt to set printer device as default. I am getting an ERROR...
  8. Can't install printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install printer: I have a brother 620CN On windows 10, it should install by plugging in the USB. It worked fine 2 weeks ago, and now when i plug it in, it doesn't show up, or it doesn't find the printer when i try to add it through the control panel. It only shows up like this....
  9. Can't Find A Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Find A Printer: I have a two printers installed on my home WiFi, yet when I 'search' for them neither show up, what am I doing wrong. I have a new laptop which doesn't have a DVD/CD Drive to use the printer install disc so I need to figure this out. 50706
  10. Can't Find Printers and Faxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Find Printers and Faxes: Just came from Win 7 and am looking for my "Printers and Faxes" folder or its equivalent. Is there such a thing in W 10? If so, will someone point me to it? Thank you. 3362