Windows 10: Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

Discus and support Finger Print Reader now Inoperative in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have had issues with the finger print reader previously but have been able to get it working again, either by itself or performing suggested... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kirktaylor1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

I have had issues with the finger print reader previously but have been able to get it working again, either by itself or performing suggested functions, which I no longer remember. I have a Thinkpad T470 with Windows 10. In the sign-in options, my computer no longer recognizes finger print reader as an option. What's going on????

:)

kirktaylor1, Apr 8, 2019

2. Finger Print Reader.

Can I get the software for my Finger Print Reader Model 1034

jackreardon1, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Finger print reader not working

Hi Joey,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that finger print reader is not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

This may occur due to outdated or incompatible drivers. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Update the finger scanner drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Right click on your finger scanner device.
    • Click on Update Driver Software
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

I just built a new computer and transferred my Win10 license and fingerprint reader to it. However, Win Hello says the machine is not viable for Windows Hello. I believe I had this same problem on the old machine at first, but I can't remember what I di to fix it.

I Saw a driver load when I installed the finger print reader but now I can't find it. This all work in my old machine which was also Win 10. I love using the FP reader for my security. Suggestions on how to fix this.?

CalypsoArt, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

1. Finger Print Reader now Inoperative - Similar Threads - Finger Print Reader

2. finger print reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print reader: i bought finger print reader morpho L0 ican't see device manager i have tried all method OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMEEN System Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  3. finger print reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print reader: i bought finger print reader morpho L0 ican't see device manager i have tried all method OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMEEN System Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  4. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  5. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  6. Finger print reader will not accept my right index finger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finger print reader will not accept my right index finger: Hello, I have been experiencing an issue with my windows 10 laptop. It will not accept my right index finger. When I try to add it to the biometrics I receive an error - "Sorry, something went wrong. Close windows hello, then try going through the setup again." The result...
  7. finger print reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print reader: I have a HP Pavilion x360 windows 10 and my finger print read does not work anymore, it was working fine until I did the new update. So I want to know is there a way to fix this problem....
  8. My finger print reader

My finger print reader: I have an older Lenovo Thinkpad running windows 10 that was refurbished. It has a finger print reader, when i first got the computer i was able to use and set up my finger print. But now I can not, it i just says this device does not meet your organization requirements for...
  9. hp finger print reader not dected

hp finger print reader not dected: hp finger print reader not dected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-finger-print-reader-not-dected/214317d9-e011-4487-ade7-f2d015143fe7
  10. My finger print reader is inoperative on my Thinkpad T470 laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My finger print reader is inoperative on my Thinkpad T470 laptop.: My finger print reader is inoperative on my Thinkpad T470 laptop. This is not the first time it has gone inoperative. I have checked the drivers, which shows I have the latest. I also ran a DISM.exe health scan and sfc /scannow, no errors reported on either scan. Why the...