Windows 10: Finger print scanner issues

Discus and support Finger print scanner issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i have been using my laptop for 2 years plus, but lately i encounter kernel mode heap corruption, so i had no option than to format my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Okiki Goriola, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Finger print scanner issues

Hi everyone, i have been using my laptop for 2 years plus, but lately i encounter kernel mode heap corruption, so i had no option than to format my laptop, but something strange happen after formatting and reloading windows 21H1, my fingerprint scanner is not work, i checked the device manage, the bio metric device is also missing, please what is the way forward, i have download countless number of driver from hp but no avail....

:)

Okiki Goriola, Aug 25, 2021
  2. Mike#4229 Win User

finger print scanner

finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please.

Mike#4229, Aug 25, 2021
  3. Windows Hello - Finger Print scanner

Hi Nalintha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that finger scanner is not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

This may occur due to outdated or incompatible drivers. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the finger scanner drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Right click on your finger scanner device.
    • Click on Update Driver Software
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 25, 2021
  4. Finger print scanner issues

Will finger print scanner work on Windows 10?

Original Title: Windows 10 - Hardware

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 with finger print scanner, primarily used for Windows login, will the finger print scanner still work after upgrading to Windows 10?

Extra Info: Software installed is HP SimplePass, powered by AuthenTec.

AdamReynolds1785, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Finger print scanner issues

1. Finger print scanner issues - Similar Threads - Finger print scanner

2. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  3. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  4. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  6. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  7. finger print scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. finger print scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    finger print scanner: My fingerprint scanner randomly stopped working,, how to turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/b1697603-56ba-4406-8909-711f197d2d8b
  9. Finger Print scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger Print scanner: Hi, I have an HP envy 13 laptop with a touchscreen and my fingerprint scanner doesn't appear to be working. I have had it set up previously but the laptop now makes me use a PIN. I've been into settings to try and set up the scanner again but under windows hello fingerprint...
  10. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    finger print scanner: finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/bcc1e803-82b8-43a1-94d2-555fde30587a