Windows 10: Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available

Discus and support Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP Envy 13' computer with a finger print sensor. For the past six months or so, since I got my computer, the fingerprint sensor... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CarolineCzyzewski, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available

Hello,

I have an HP Envy 13' computer with a finger print sensor. For the past six months or so, since I got my computer, the fingerprint sensor worked for me. Now that I updated it, it says the fingerprint option is not available and that my device doesn't have a scanner compatible.

How did updating my software make it so I can no longer use the fingerprint scanner?

:)

CarolineCzyzewski, Feb 16, 2020

2. Finger Print sensor not working

What is the GUID for the finger print sensor?

Aik HanTan, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Finger Print sensor not working

Recently my finger print sensor not working. I check the device manager and there is the error code i pasted below.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.

How to solve this problem?

Aik HanTan, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available

Finger print sensor Uncompatible

Hello dear User of Microsoft.

I will tell my problem,

When I first got my Windows 10 Pro N laptop the finger print sensor that came with it

worked absolutely fine and there was nothing that really was a problem.

After I downgraded Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Home the finger print does not work anymore,

is this because it is a Pro feature or is it because that I downgraded the version of windows?

Thank you for your answer!

--- Moved from NL-NL ---

MicrosoftIsAGame, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available

1. Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available - Similar Threads - Finger Print Sensor

2. Elan finger print sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan finger print sensor not working: hello i currently own an asus M570d notebook pc. recently I came into an issue which made my pc to be stuck in troubleshoot page and unable to load . for this i had to install windows 10 again and install all the drivers needed. but for some reason my fingerprint pad does not...
  3. Elan finger print sensor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan finger print sensor not working: hello i currently own an asus M570d notebook pc. recently I came into an issue which made my pc to be stuck in troubleshoot page and unable to load . for this i had to install windows 10 again and install all the drivers needed. but for some reason my fingerprint pad does not...
  4. Elan finger print sensor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. asus vivobook pro 15 finger print sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asus vivobook pro 15 finger print sensor: Where can I find the fingerprint sensor in vivobook pro 15 if I want to activate my fingerprint for login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivobook-pro-15-finger-print-sensor/ee3659c0-6d97-4526-a072-40da6ebbc55b
  6. Finger print sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger print sensor: Hello,Recently my computer's fingerprint sensor has been acting up. Sometimes after opening my laptop from sleep, the fingerprint sensor will not operate. After I log in and out however, the problem is resolved. I checked the fingerprint sensor under device manager and found...
  7. FINGER PRINT SENSOR

FINGER PRINT SENSOR: HI, i am writing you to assist me in fixing the finger print sensor not working. I use HP EliteBook 820 G3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-sensor/5825462e-9c5a-4fe0-98b8-65c24fb9700c
  8. my finger print sensor got disabled

my finger print sensor got disabled: it shows me that "we could not find a fingerprint scanner compatible with the windows hello fingerprint". need some help for this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-finger-print-sensor-got-disabled/a616c0b8-e924-40a8-bb67-d78ff522bf0a
  9. Finger Print sensor not working

Finger Print sensor not working: Recently my computer fingerprint sensor is not working. Restarting the computer, updating driver, launching the device troubleshooter does not help. The device manager shows this error code: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this...
  10. Finger Print sensor not working

Finger Print sensor not working: Recently my finger print sensor not working. I check the device manager and there is the error code i pasted below. This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. How to solve this problem?...