Windows 10: finger print touch login

Discus and support finger print touch login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, When I originally got my Dell Laptop, my finger print id worked along with my face recognition and pin but now my fingerprint option doesn't even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Megan Leece, Oct 11, 2018.

1. finger print touch login

Hi,

When I originally got my Dell Laptop, my finger print id worked along with my face recognition and pin but now my fingerprint option doesn't even recognize that I am placing my finger there. I have tried removing my old print and resetting it up but it does not register that my finger is on the power button to get in. How do I fix this?

:)

Megan Leece, Oct 11, 2018
  2. lesgondos Win User

finger print login

can i use finger print login with a touch screen as my reader

lesgondos, Oct 11, 2018
  3. I would like to keep finger print as the only way to login to Windows.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to keep finger print as the only way to login to Windows.

I would like to inform you that using finger print is only an alternative way to login to Windows and you
    will not be able to set the fingerprint as the only option to login to Windows.
    I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 11, 2018
  4. finger print touch login

After Windows update, finger print not able to read and unable to login as no password was set

Today after windows update my laptop is showing please enter pin number for finger print sensor. I am unable to login as no password was set finger print not able to read. Before windows update it was working ok . Can anybody suggest me way to login ?

Original subject: Windows 10 update

Moved from: ( Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC )

mangeshbhagwat, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

finger print touch login

1. finger print touch login - Similar Threads - finger print touch

2. Login option not showing but recognising my finger print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login option not showing but recognising my finger print: I have a windows 11Hlw , actually a few days ago I changed some other users to standard user and my self to something I don't know , after all of that other user is able to log in but there is no option to sign in into my desktop . My desktop recognising my finger print but...
  3. Login option not showing but recognising my finger print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login option not showing but recognising my finger print: I have a windows 11Hlw , actually a few days ago I changed some other users to standard user and my self to something I don't know , after all of that other user is able to log in but there is no option to sign in into my desktop . My desktop recognising my finger print but...
  4. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  5. no more finger print sign in and touch screen capability is gone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no more finger print sign in and touch screen capability is gone.: no more finger print sign in and touch screen capability is gone. all this happened just out of the blue. did a clean installation and nothing. I will be honest, really I feel really frustrated on how invasive Microsoft is and how any of their computers are set to do what...
  6. finger print

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print: Is it possible to install a fingerprint scanner on my laptop, the settings show that I have the option to but the laptop does not have the fingerprint component https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print/ab58d9f5-4338-4bbf-841e-d3e44e506746
  7. problem with finger print

problem with finger print: i have got with the fingerprint sensor after a update from windows i am unable to use my finger print for login could someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-finger-print/c04f4c07-61ab-48d6-9571-1dbe0c351005
  8. Finger Print

Finger Print: Okay so I just got my new laptop and my fingerprint scanner has stopped working, in my settings it just says that "this option is unavailable" and that they "couldn't find a fingerprint scanner that's compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." It was working earlier today...
  9. problem in multi finger touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem in multi finger touch: There was a recent windows update available which I updated 2 days back, even since multi finger touch is not working in my laptop. I checked online, even on windows website but I am not yet able to enable the same. I even tried restarting my laptop, even that did not help....
  10. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    finger print scanner: finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/bcc1e803-82b8-43a1-94d2-555fde30587a