Windows 10: Finger Printer Reader Compatibility with Windows 10

Discus and support Finger Printer Reader Compatibility with Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have HP SPECTRE and windows 10 is installed. I cannot set up finger print reader login. Message says " we couldn't find fingerprint scanner... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HussainMM, Mar 1, 2020.

1. HussainMM Win User

Finger Printer Reader Compatibility with Windows 10

I have HP SPECTRE and windows 10 is installed. I cannot set up finger print reader login. Message says " we couldn't find fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint"

:)

HussainMM, Mar 1, 2020

2. Compatibility of printer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system your computer is not detecting and installing the HP Printer. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed. I would appreciate if you could help me with more
    information:

• Is this a wired printer or wireless printer?

I would like to tell you that you have to make sure that the printer is enabled in “devices and printer” by following below steps:

• Press “Windows key”, click on “Settings
    • Click on “Devices”, now click on “Printer & Scanners” in the left pane
    • Click on “Devices and Printers
    • Right click on the printer and “Enable” it, Now try to use the printer.

There might be a possibility that while upgrading/installing Windows 10, printer drivers might get corrupt. Hence you are facing issues while printing. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:
    Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue while printing. Refer
    top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2:
    Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2:
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Try method 3, if the issue persist

Method 3:
    You may check the compatibility of the printer by following below mentioned link:

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

If the printer is not compatible with the computer then follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer
    and check if the issue persists

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Finger print reader not working

Hi Joey,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that finger print reader is not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

This may occur due to outdated or incompatible drivers. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Update the finger scanner drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Right click on your finger scanner device.
    • Click on Update Driver Software
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Finger Printer Reader Compatibility with Windows 10

Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

I have had issues with the finger print reader previously but have been able to get it working again, either by itself or performing suggested functions, which I no longer remember. I have a Thinkpad T470 with Windows 10. In the sign-in options, my computer
    no longer recognizes finger print reader as an option. What's going on????

kirktaylor1, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Finger Printer Reader Compatibility with Windows 10

1. Finger Printer Reader Compatibility with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Finger Printer Reader

2. finger print reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print reader: i bought finger print reader morpho L0 ican't see device manager i have tried all method OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMEEN System Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  3. finger print reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print reader: i bought finger print reader morpho L0 ican't see device manager i have tried all method OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMEEN System Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  4. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  5. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  6. finger print reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print reader: I have a HP Pavilion x360 windows 10 and my finger print read does not work anymore, it was working fine until I did the new update. So I want to know is there a way to fix this problem....
  7. My finger print reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    My finger print reader: I have an older Lenovo Thinkpad running windows 10 that was refurbished. It has a finger print reader, when i first got the computer i was able to use and set up my finger print. But now I can not, it i just says this device does not meet your organization requirements for...
  8. Windows 10 and Printer Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Printer Compatibility: My Lexmark v313w printer was working perfectly fine not long ago, but when I uninstalled the printer driver to reinstall, my driver won't download and when it does download it's now not compatible. I really need my printer. Please help. Thanks. 119275
  9. ZK7500 FINGER PRINT ENROLLMENT READER DRIVER COMPATIBILITY ON WINDOWS10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ZK7500 FINGER PRINT ENROLLMENT READER DRIVER COMPATIBILITY ON WINDOWS10: Good morning, We have installed the ZK7500 FINGER PRINT ENROLLMENT READER DRIVER on a stand alone PC(OS WINDOWS-10) and it is working fine. The same driver was installed on another PC(OS WINDOWS-10) on a company domain and the reader it is not getting...
  10. ZK7500 FINGER PRINT ENROLLMENT READER DRIVER COMPATIBILITY ON WINDOWS10

ZK7500 FINGER PRINT ENROLLMENT READER DRIVER COMPATIBILITY ON WINDOWS10: Good morning, We have installed the ZK7500 FINGER PRINT ENROLLMENT READER DRIVER on a stand alone PC(OS WINDOWS-10) and it is working fine. The same driver was installed on another PC(OS WINDOWS-10) on a company domain and the reader it is not getting...