Windows 10: Finger scanner problem

Discus and support Finger scanner problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, my finger scanner has a problem. Even though the hardware is working fine, I receive a message saying there is a problem. At first I thought the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jorien van der Meulen, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Finger scanner problem

Hi, my finger scanner has a problem. Even though the hardware is working fine, I receive a message saying there is a problem. At first I thought the problem was my installed fingerprint, so I tried to install a new one. However, trying to do this gets me the same message. It tells me to close windows hello, but I can't seem to find an option for that? I have tried several solutions posted on the internet, but none of them have worked for me.

Can anyone help me?

:)

Jorien van der Meulen, Oct 30, 2018

2. Windows Hello - Finger Print scanner

Hi Nalintha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that finger scanner is not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

This may occur due to outdated or incompatible drivers. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the finger scanner drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Right click on your finger scanner device.
    • Click on Update Driver Software
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Finger scanner problem

Finger scanner problem

Hi, my finger scanner has a problem. Even though the hardware is working fine, I receive a message saying there is a problem. At first I thought the problem was my installed fingerprint, so I tried to install a new one. However, trying to do this gets me
    the same message. It tells me to close windows hello, but I can't seem to find an option for that? I have tried several solutions posted on the internet, but none of them have worked for me.

Can anyone help me?

Jorien van der Meulen, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Finger scanner problem

1. Finger scanner problem - Similar Threads - Finger scanner problem

2. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  3. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  4. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  6. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  7. finger print scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Finger Print scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger Print scanner: Hi, I have an HP envy 13 laptop with a touchscreen and my fingerprint scanner doesn't appear to be working. I have had it set up previously but the laptop now makes me use a PIN. I've been into settings to try and set up the scanner again but under windows hello fingerprint...
  9. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    finger print scanner: finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/bcc1e803-82b8-43a1-94d2-555fde30587a
  10. Having problem in login with finger scanner

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having problem in login with finger scanner: I am having simplepass finger scanner. Whenever I login using the scanner, my mouse curser blinks show busy circle. It slows down the PC & does not allow typing. The moment I type anything it gets selected and gets deleted. Only once I disabled by windows biometric service...