Windows 10: Finger sensor error

Discus and support Finger sensor error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to ask why my computer has turned on the finger touch screen mode but the finger sensor is not available? I have many times but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Julie_Art, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Julie_Art Win User

Finger sensor error

I would like to ask why my computer has turned on the finger touch screen mode but the finger sensor is not available? I have many times but still failed.

I am Vietnamese so I use Google translate.

:)

Julie_Art, Jul 11, 2020

2. validity finger print sensor doesn't work

Hi Firos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could occur due to the Sensor driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      and hit the Enter.

• Go into Device Manager and click on Biometric device
      to expand.
    • Right click on Validity Sensors and click on update the sensor driver.
    If the issue still persist I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer and download the latest updated sensor driver and install the same. Visit the below link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product...ebook-PC-series/1842153/model/1842154/drivers

Note: Code 31 error usually displayed due to updated device driver is not installed on the computer.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Finger Print sensor not working

What is the GUID for the finger print sensor?

Aik HanTan, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Finger sensor error

Finger Print sensor not working

Recently my finger print sensor not working. I check the device manager and there is the error code i pasted below.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.

How to solve this problem?

Aik HanTan, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Finger sensor error

1. Finger sensor error - Similar Threads - Finger sensor error

2. Elan finger print sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan finger print sensor not working: hello i currently own an asus M570d notebook pc. recently I came into an issue which made my pc to be stuck in troubleshoot page and unable to load . for this i had to install windows 10 again and install all the drivers needed. but for some reason my fingerprint pad does not...
  3. Elan finger print sensor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan finger print sensor not working: hello i currently own an asus M570d notebook pc. recently I came into an issue which made my pc to be stuck in troubleshoot page and unable to load . for this i had to install windows 10 again and install all the drivers needed. but for some reason my fingerprint pad does not...
  4. Elan finger print sensor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Finger print sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger print sensor: Hello,Recently my computer's fingerprint sensor has been acting up. Sometimes after opening my laptop from sleep, the fingerprint sensor will not operate. After I log in and out however, the problem is resolved. I checked the fingerprint sensor under device manager and found...
  6. Finger Sensor not Working On Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger Sensor not Working On Windows 10: I have HP G3 840 Core i7 6TH Gen, On Windows 7 Finger sensor working perfectly but when I installed Windows 10 finger sensor stop working. I have updated all drivers online via HP support assistant but the problem still exsits. I don't understand what is the problem...
  7. FINGER PRINT SENSOR

FINGER PRINT SENSOR: HI, i am writing you to assist me in fixing the finger print sensor not working. I use HP EliteBook 820 G3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-sensor/5825462e-9c5a-4fe0-98b8-65c24fb9700c
  8. Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available

Finger Print Sensor No Longer Available: Hello, I have an HP Envy 13' computer with a finger print sensor. For the past six months or so, since I got my computer, the fingerprint sensor worked for me. Now that I updated it, it says the fingerprint option is not available and that my device doesn't have a scanner...
  9. Finger Print sensor not working

Finger Print sensor not working: Recently my computer fingerprint sensor is not working. Restarting the computer, updating driver, launching the device troubleshooter does not help. The device manager shows this error code: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this...
  10. Finger Print sensor not working

Finger Print sensor not working: Recently my finger print sensor not working. I check the device manager and there is the error code i pasted below. This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. How to solve this problem?...