Windows 10: Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE

Discus and support Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question in regards to a Windows 1903 enterprise environment. The question is how can we take a vanilla image and disable the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DavidPage9, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE

Hello,

I have a question in regards to a Windows 1903 enterprise environment.

The question is how can we take a vanilla image and disable the fingerprint Windows Hello feature on some devices with fingerprint technology. That is getting a device from OOBE to join a UEM solution during initial setup prior to user credential being provided?

Is there a registry command to disable the fingerprint authentication?

Can I add a command to an unattended file to omit this step in the OOBE process?

Thanks for any help in this area.

:)

DavidPage9, Jun 25, 2020
  2. ReubenN3 Win User

Can I use fingerprint and PIN for Windows Authentication in Windows 10?

That does not address my question. I am trying to figure out how to enable fingerprint and PIN for authentication. I am not interested in face recognition at this time.

Can someone please tell me whether Windows 10 allows you to require dual form factor authentication? Again, I want to require that users submit both a fingerprint and PIN to log into Windows.

Thanks!

-Reuben

ReubenN3, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Configuration option for fingerprint signon missing

I'm a step further:

The installed driver for the fingerprint reader has to be deleted from device manager. Windows 10 then install a "Synaptics" driver for the fingerprint reader.

In a second step, a PIN has to be specified in the account options. After that, the fingerprint option misteriously appears and it's possible to record the fingerprint.

BUT: I absolutely can't understand why a PIN is required for fingerprint logon. Now, I can logon to my domain joined Windows 10 client with just a 4 digit PIN, despite we have complex password requirements configured in the domain policies.

I tried to setup two factor authentication with PIN and fingerprint, but haven't found a way. There is absolutely no description how to implement 2 factor authentication in Windows 10. Seems to be Vaporware..

Franz

FranzSchenk, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE

Fingerprint sign-in missing from options!

I'm a step further:

The installed driver for the fingerprint reader has to be deleted from device manager. Windows 10 then install a "Synaptics" driver for the fingerprint reader.

In a second step, a PIN has to be specified in the account options. After that, the fingerprint option misteriously appears and it's possible to record the fingerprint.

BUT: I absolutely can't understand why a PIN is required for fingerprint logon. Now, I can logon to my domain joined Windows 10 client with just a 4 digit PIN, despite we have complex password requirements configured in the domain policies.

I tried to setup two factor authentication with PIN and fingerprint, but haven't found a way. There is absolutely no description how to implement 2 factor authentication in Windows 10. Seems to be Vaporware..

Franz

FranzSchenk, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE

1. Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Pin authentication

2. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart PC during Windows OOBE: I just reserved my computer and got to the OOBE setup and I noticed that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work I don't have external mouse's and keyboards aswell, can I turn off my PC safely and turn on at the OOBE the next start up?...
  3. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart PC during Windows OOBE: I just reserved my computer and got to the OOBE setup and I noticed that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work I don't have external mouse's and keyboards aswell, can I turn off my PC safely and turn on at the OOBE the next start up?...
  4. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  6. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  7. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PIN authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN authentication: I am repeatedly asked to enter my PIN but it is not recognised. Windows won't allow me to use an alternative login method or change my PIN, or cancel ..... or do anything else. I can't contact MS virtual support agent because it asks for my PIN before I can continue. Calling...
  9. Pin and Fingerprint not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin and Fingerprint not accepted: Hello, Recently when I went to use my fingerprint to log in my computer said "something is wrong on our end" and won't let me log in. I tried my pin and I got the same response. Thankfully I was able to sign in with my password. When I tried to delete and redo my...
  10. OOBE Failures During Windows To Go Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OOBE Failures During Windows To Go Startup: I’ve created a Windows To Go USB stick from the Nov 2019 version of W10 1909 and it boots fine but fails at various points in OOBE - finally on OOBEEULA where there’s no Skip option. I can start a cmd window with shift+F10 and from there launch windows\explorer,...