Windows 10: Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles

Discus and support Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Logging in by fingerprint or PIN stops working after the system went to standby and back a few times. I can then reboot the system to make it work... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dude1235a, Sep 15, 2019.

1. dude1235a Win User

Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles

Logging in by fingerprint or PIN stops working after the system went to standby and back a few times. I can then reboot the system to make it work again. It seems not to be a hardware issue to me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

dude1235a, Sep 15, 2019

2. PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

I am having problem while signin-in my pin and my fingerprint is not working in my dell Vostro if I try to setup I cant setup them so please suggest me some measures

thank you

ArengaNathan, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

We understand that you're having challenges with your finger print login option. You may be facing it due to various reasons. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the
    finger print driverand check if the issue reoccur. Follow the steps below:

• Delete the fingerprints you've already registered.
    • Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Uninstall the current driver the current diver under "Biometric devices".
    • You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles

PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hello this morning i noticed two things, first is the PIN. Its nor working and keeps showing error 0x80070032. No matter how many times i set and reset the PIN, it won't work

second is the fingerprint login prevoiusly the fingerprint function was working fine. Now it is not working.

RouleauxAndrade, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles

1. Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles - Similar Threads - Fingerprint PIN working

2. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.: My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update. The computer won't let me set them up or amend them. Downloaded fingerprint drivers but no joy. Any suggestions how to get them back?...
  3. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.: My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update. The computer won't let me set them up or amend them. Downloaded fingerprint drivers but no joy. Any suggestions how to get them back?...
  4. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. pin and fingerprint not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin and fingerprint not working: yesterday when i signed in to my microsoft account they asked me for a computer pin and i put one with a finger print later after i restarted it my finger print was working but my pin was not. Today my finger print and pin is not working not even the I forgot my pin link...
  6. BSOD after Wakeup from Standby (DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Wakeup from Standby (DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE): Hello all, I have a Problem regarding my Lenovo T540p. If i put in on Standby and Wake it up , i get a Bluescreen immediately. The Error Code is DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE. Bluescreenviewer tells me, that the Graphics Drivers are causing the Crash. (nvlddmkm.sys and...
  7. Sluggish after a few sleep->wake cycles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sluggish after a few sleep->wake cycles: I have noticed that after a few sleep->wake cycles everything starts getting sluggish. Alt-tabbing, opening context menus, just doing stuff in applications in general, explorer, etc. Everything becomes slower. A restart gets everything back to normal snappiness. Any ideas?...
  8. Touchpad not working after standby

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working after standby: Hi everybody, I got a Lenovo and after put it on stand by, the touchpad desappeare. It's happened juste after Windows 10 update. Is it a problem with device I2C HID ? Best regards, Anatole [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows Ink & touch...
  9. PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update: I've seen multiple forums on this subject and I see that Microsoft locks the forum not allowing any more comments which is absolutely ridiculous. Like many many many others my laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update. After the update my fingerprint AND pin no longer...
  10. Monitor standby cycles twice before standing by for good

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor standby cycles twice before standing by for good: Specs: Desktop PC, custom build. MB = ASUS Zenith Extreme X399 CPU = AMD Threadripper 1950X GPU = AMD Rx Vega 64 32 GB RAM Monitor = Acer XR341CK via DisplayPort Windows 10 x64 build 1709. I have monitor stand by set to 10 minutes. The monitor stands by, then...