Windows 10: Fingerprint device error

Discus and support Fingerprint device error in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently ordered a new laptop with the fingerprint sign on feature that worked fine for the few days then stopped working. When I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnHB76, Jun 6, 2020.

1. JohnHB76 Win User

Fingerprint device error

I recently ordered a new laptop with the fingerprint sign on feature that worked fine for the few days then stopped working. When I click on the driver in the Device Manager it displays this message: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19" any suggestions?

:)

JohnHB76, Jun 6, 2020

2. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Synaptics Fingerprint Device Cannot Start

Hi,

Thank you! This really helped. Well for now. Read a part in a forum that the fingerprint problem relapses after a few weeks after a "fix". Here are the specific steps I did for others' reference:

1. Edited the following in the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics:
      • Allow the use of biometrics: Enabled
      • Allow users to log on using biometrics: Enabled
    • Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics > Facial Features:
      • Configure enhanced anti-spoofing: Disabled
    2. Uninstalled the device and driver from Device Manager

3. Shut down PC and wait for around 5 minutes before rebooting

4. After logging in, opened Device Manager and look for the "Unknown Device" and then Install Driver Online

5. Took about 10 minutes to download and install the new driver. Upon finishing, fingerprint will show the same error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

6. Disabled the device and then before Enabling it again, I put my finger on the sensor.

7. SENSOR IS FIXED

PS. I think updating the BIOS and all also helped because I did it before doing the steps above

PaoRodulfo, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Fingerprint device error

Hi Dinuka,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your fingerprint login, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you update your device drivers. To do this, you may follow the steps in this
    article to resolve it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint device error

1. Fingerprint device error - Similar Threads - Fingerprint device error

2. fingerprint sensor not in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint sensor not in device manager: ever since my update to win 11 and cean insta of win 10 i cant find my fingerprint sensor in my device manager on enovo x1 yoga gen 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor-not-in-device-manager/55884d63-f63a-4f9a-ba6a-677b63af5bd7
  3. fingerprint sensor not in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint sensor not in device manager: ever since my update to win 11 and cean insta of win 10 i cant find my fingerprint sensor in my device manager on enovo x1 yoga gen 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor-not-in-device-manager/55884d63-f63a-4f9a-ba6a-677b63af5bd7
  4. HP Fingerprint Device not showing in device manager

HP Fingerprint Device not showing in device manager: Hello. I have an HP Elitebook 745 G5. My fingerprint reader isn't showing in device manager at all yes the integrated one. Maybe there is a driver I need to install or a BIOS setting? I don't know, so please help....
  5. HP Fingerprint Device not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Fingerprint Device not showing in device manager: Hello. I have an HP Elitebook 745 G5. My fingerprint reader isn't showing in device manager at all yes the integrated one. Maybe there is a driver I need to install or a BIOS setting? I don't know, so please help....
  6. HP Fingerprint Device not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. fingerprint is not on my device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint is not on my device manager: how to install it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-is-not-on-my-device-manager/58b6f84a-9d95-4c6d-833e-c24731ad07be
  8. fingerprint is not on my device manager

fingerprint is not on my device manager: how to install it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-is-not-on-my-device-manager/58b6f84a-9d95-4c6d-833e-c24731ad07be
  9. fingerprint driver error

fingerprint driver error: this is the error log for not setting up fingerprintHere is the log,Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/ConfigurationSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnPDate: 10/20/2022 6:30:15 AMEvent ID: 411Task Category: NoneLevel: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEMComputer:...
  10. Fingerprint Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint Error: Hello, I have a problem with the fingerprint sign-in. I have always been signed in with my fingerprint and due to this, I forgot my PIN code which is required for the moment while I am signing in. I would like you to help me to restore my sign in option in order to get into...