Windows 10: Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable

Discus and support Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello!I just received my Fingerprint ID keyboard and wanted to set it up. However, when I went to my settings it said that Fingerprint ID, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KathrenaWarner, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable

Hello!I just received my Fingerprint ID keyboard and wanted to set it up. However, when I went to my settings it said that Fingerprint ID, Windows Hello, and the PIN option were all currently unavailable. I've tried troubleshooting a few things I've seen from the forums, but nothings has helped.

:)

KathrenaWarner, Apr 30, 2021

2. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable"

Hi, I've seen lots of posts similar to my problem, but nothing has seemed to solve it. My Windows Hello, Fingerprint, and PIN says "this option is currently unavailable" My hello face has never worked despite my device having a camera. I used to have the
    fingerprint and PIN working up until a few days ago, but I turned the PIN off because I wanted to change it. They won't turn back on now. I have tried System Restore, Registry Editor, uninstalling the BIOS fingerprint scanner, and Windows and Lenovo are fully
    updated. I don't know how to get back these features. It's so annoying to type in a long password.
    Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable ba57e27e-1953-4066-85d7-8ee700e66db7?upload=true.png

VanessaGates, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Apr 30, 2021
  4. T_Howee Win User

Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable

Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint

Hi! Thank you for the quick and comprehensive response. Unfortunately, I tried every suggestion you provided, and none of them worked. I believe that there are no issues with the hardware or drivers for the fingerprint sensor, and that all the issues are
    coming from Windows refusing to accept that I have actually created a PIN. I went down the list, did everything, even did the Repair Install, which didn't work, then tried deleting the Ngc folder and restarting, which didn't help either. It still only says
    "Add" under the options for PIN, and when I go to setup fingerprint sensor, everything works fine up until it tells me that I need to create a PIN to use Hello. I already have created a PIN, and I sign into my computer using it just fine, but it appears that
    the settings application does not see that. Any other suggestions?

T_Howee, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable

1. Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Hello PIN

2. PIN Windows, hello windows ,fingerprint This option is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Windows, hello windows ,fingerprint This option is currently unavailable: I tried to fix this problem, but I couldn't!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-windows-hello-windows-fingerprint-this-option/618083c9-cb41-4a95-ac59-2e214b889094
  3. PIN Windows, hello windows ,fingerprint This option is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Windows, hello windows ,fingerprint This option is currently unavailable: I tried to fix this problem, but I couldn't!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-windows-hello-windows-fingerprint-this-option/618083c9-cb41-4a95-ac59-2e214b889094
  4. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable: This Option is currently unavailable. I cannot remove this option to set it up again. Face recognition does not work either, tried setting that up as well and says something went wrong. I went through the device manager and not sure why I don't have a driver for fingerprint...
  5. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable: This Option is currently unavailable. I cannot remove this option to set it up again. Face recognition does not work either, tried setting that up as well and says something went wrong. I went through the device manager and not sure why I don't have a driver for fingerprint...
  6. fingerprint in windows hello says : this option is currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint in windows hello says : this option is currently unavailable: this is what it say. I update driver , uninstall and reinstall the fingerprint device , and go to BIOS settings but I don't see the restart fingerprint device on bootup or something like this , there is nothing I use ASUS Vivobook 15 R528E K513 , I got ADMIN problems too , My...
  7. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable": Hi, I've seen lots of posts similar to my problem, but nothing has seemed to solve it. My Windows Hello, Fingerprint, and PIN says "this option is currently unavailable" My hello face has never worked despite my device having a camera. I used to have the fingerprint and PIN...
  8. Fingerprint reader/Windows Hello unavailable

Fingerprint reader/Windows Hello unavailable: I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Yesterday, the fingerprint reader on my laptop stopped working, forcing me to sign in with my password. I tried disabling and re-enabling the fingerprint option, but it didn't help. I went online and found something that said I need to...
  9. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable: I have a brand new Dell XPS 1330/9300 with Win 10 Pro 1909 with myself setup as the only admin account. The sign-in options for Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN are greyed out with a message saying "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I...
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint and Pin are "currently unavailable"

Windows Hello Fingerprint and Pin are "currently unavailable": Hi! I just entirely wiped my computer as backed up data made everything weird and now I have another issue that arose that I cannot find an answer to. For some reason, it says that Windows Hello Pin and Finger scan are not available on my device. This has never been the...