Windows 10: Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5

Discus and support Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have exactly the same issue as below:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dinesh Kumar Loganathan, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5

Dinesh Kumar Loganathan, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Bill U. Win User

Windows Hello and Fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo Flex 5

Hi,

I noticed today that my Fingerprint scanner was not working to log into my Lenovo Flex 5-1570. After logging in with my pin, I go to the fingerprint sign in curious if anything was different. When I got there, I saw that Windows Hello was "not available
    on this device", which is weird since it was available yesterday?

I have tried deleting the fingerprint scanner driver using device manager, downloaded the driver from Lenovo, reinstalled the driver, and restarted the computer. No change. I found on an old Lenovo support forum to make sure that my BIOS and chipset drivers
    were up to date. Dowloaded the latest drivers from Lenovo, installed, and restarted. Again, no change. I called Lenovo support, who told me it was "a Microsoft problem". As far as I can tell it is my synaptics WBDI driver that displays error code 10 - device
    cannot be started (shown below).

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this? Thanks!

Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5 [​IMG]

Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5 029cd9c8-7bdf-416c-bc9a-ce3c70222c51?upload=true.png

Bill U., Apr 20, 2019
  3. Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new

Let's try Uninstall the Fingerprint Manager and Re-enroll the Fingerprints.

To uninstall the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager, and then re-enroll your fingerprints. Follow the steps below:

Step 1. Open the Control Panel and find Programs.

Step 2. Click Uninstall a program under the Programs.

Step 3. Find Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager in the program list, and then right click it to uninstall it.

Install Synaptics Fingerprint Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad E480, E580 from official Lenovo support site:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS50...

Restart your device and follow this steps to configure your fingerprint:

Step 1. Click the Start button to open the Settings.

Step 2. Select Accounts in the Settings.

Step 3. Choose "Sign-in options" on the left. Scroll to Windows Hello and click Set Up in the Fingerprint section.

Step 4. Click Get started in the Windows Hello setup.

Step 5. Enter your PIN.

Step 6. Put one of your fingers on the fingerprint reader to scan it.

Step 7. Choose Add Another if you want to repeat the process with another finger, or you can choose to close the program.

Let me know how was.

AngelCarreno, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5

Laptop for general use - ASUS UX430UA or Lenovo Flex 5?

Looking to get a new laptop in the coming days/weeks. This will be a general use laptop and I don't plan to play games on it. Price range is around $700-800. Looking for build quality, an SSD, good battery life and some upgradability (battery replacement and SSD upgrades). I know you can't expect a top of the line laptop for this price but I'm trying to balance these aspects as best as possible.

So far I have found the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 81C9000DUS in this price range:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...79&cm_re=lenovo_flex_5-_-34-850-079-_-Product

And the ASUS Zenbook UX430UA 14" with the following specs:
    • 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-7500U Dual-Core
    • 8GB DDR4 RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD
    • 14" 1920 x 1080 Anti-Glare Display
    • Built-In Fingerprint Reader
    • Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620
    • SD/MMC Media Card Reader
    • 802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.1
    • USB Type-C | USB 3.0 | Micro HDMI
    • ASUS Nano Bezel Design
    • Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)
    After some searching I can find these two for $750 and about $800 respectively. Does anyone have any input on which of these would be a better choice?

Or if you have any other model/brand suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Flogger23m, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5

1. Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5 - Similar Threads - Fingerprint issue Lenovo

2. Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 WiFi disappeared and is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 WiFi disappeared and is not working: Hello,Randomly today my wifi disconnected from my laptop. The icon went away too and I have been unable to figure out what is going on. I’ve tried resetting my router however wifi is working on all of my other devices, I reset my laptop and its network settings, I’ve made...
  3. Touchscreen not working on Lenovo Flex 5 with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen not working on Lenovo Flex 5 with Windows 11: I recently wanted to temporarily disable my laptop's touchscreen, so I disabled the touchscreen device in the device manager. I later went to enable it, but the touch screen still didn't work afterward. Assuming this is an issue with Windows, are there any solutions I can...
  4. Touchscreen not working on Lenovo Flex 5 with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen not working on Lenovo Flex 5 with Windows 11: I recently wanted to temporarily disable my laptop's touchscreen, so I disabled the touchscreen device in the device manager. I later went to enable it, but the touch screen still didn't work afterward. Assuming this is an issue with Windows, are there any solutions I can...
  5. Help: boot device lenovo ideapad flex 5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help: boot device lenovo ideapad flex 5: Hi, this is a lenovo ideapad flex 5. I just turn on my laptop and i saw this and it never happened before. And when i click the boot manger option nth changed too. I have to use my laptop ASAP. Do help if u can. Thank u....
  6. Help: boot device lenovo ideapad flex 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: boot device lenovo ideapad flex 5: Hi, this is a lenovo ideapad flex 5. I just turn on my laptop and i saw this and it never happened before. And when i click the boot manger option nth changed too. I have to use my laptop ASAP. Do help if u can. Thank u....
  7. Help: boot device lenovo ideapad flex 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Lenovo Flex 5 Camera stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Lenovo Flex 5 Camera stopped working.: When I open the Camera app from Windows, the camera light stays on continuously but there is no image/video https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-flex-5-camera-stopped-working/5865d792-9e71-4ab9-aaa4-b86f42e5eaed
  9. Windows Updates repeatedly ruin my Fingerprint Scanner (Lenovo Flex 5)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates repeatedly ruin my Fingerprint Scanner (Lenovo Flex 5): This has been happening for months now. Every time I do a Windows Update, my fingerprint scanner fails to work any more. I have to uninstall and reinstall it and then redo my fingerprint. And even then, sometimes it's not completely fixed. I continue to see Biometrics Device...
  10. windows 10. Fingerprint not showing in settings. Lenovo Flex 5 1570

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10. Fingerprint not showing in settings. Lenovo Flex 5 1570: After routine updating of Windows 10, the fingerprint reader is no longer available. I used Lenovo to reset their Synaptic driver and it laster for a day each time. I did it 3 times. Please advise....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo flex 5 fingerprint stopped working

2. lenovo flex 5 fingerprint setup

3. fingerprint scanner on leveno problems

4. how do i set up fingerprint on lenovo flex 5,
  5. lenovo flex 5i cant recognize fingerprint,
  6. how to set up finger print on lenovo flex,
  7. ideapad flex 5-1570 finger scan problems,
  8. lenovo ideapad flex 5-1570 host virus,
  9. how to get my hello fingerprint scanner working on lenovo flex 5,
  10. flex 5 fingerprint stopped working,
  11. lenovo flex 5 fingerprint reader,