Windows 10: fingerprint issues...help anyone pls

Discus and support fingerprint issues...help anyone pls in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop fingerprint is not working dont know why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nelsonvieira1, Mar 5, 2021.

1. fingerprint issues...help anyone pls

my laptop fingerprint is not working dont know why

:)

nelsonvieira1, Mar 5, 2021
  2. cryadis23 Win User

pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?

sorry, please also find task manager screenshots. couldnt capture the whole list (there are so many processes running!) so i caught what i could, ordered by cpu and memory usage. thanks!

fingerprint issues...help anyone pls [​IMG]

fingerprint issues...help anyone pls [​IMG]

cryadis23, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Batmann Win User
    Fingerprint issue/Power Management

already tried the credentials service one, not of any help. I guess the only fix is from the power management tab

1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list

2. When Device Manager opens, locate your fingerprint reader. It should be located in Biometric Devices section.

3.Right click your fingerprint reader and choose Properties

4. Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

5. Click OK to save changes.

I want to follow this step but I cannot find the power management tab.

Batmann, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

fingerprint issues...help anyone pls

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

fingerprint issues...help anyone pls fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

fingerprint issues...help anyone pls

1. fingerprint issues...help anyone pls - Similar Threads - fingerprint issues help

2. Bluetooth driver issues PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver issues PLS HELP: I bought a new pc and ever since i got it, it's been working perfectly, but all of a sudden it now says I dont have bluetooth and I need to install a bluetooth driver, so I tried downloading intel, and I restarted the pc and then it says the request failed. In device manager,...
  3. Bluetooth driver issues PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth driver issues PLS HELP: I bought a new pc and ever since i got it, it's been working perfectly, but all of a sudden it now says I dont have bluetooth and I need to install a bluetooth driver, so I tried downloading intel, and I restarted the pc and then it says the request failed. In device manager,...
  4. windows update issues pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update issues pls help: I myself love updates but I have got issues regarding windows update. so, let me explain you see I have an acer aspire lite 15-51 brand new manufacture in September of 2023 since I setup and started the system I noticed that windows update was behaving very strangely I mean...
  5. windows update issues pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update issues pls help: I myself love updates but I have got issues regarding windows update. so, let me explain you see I have an acer aspire lite 15-51 brand new manufacture in September of 2023 since I setup and started the system I noticed that windows update was behaving very strangely I mean...
  6. Facing a big issue pls help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facing a big issue pls help: My windows 10 clock was 5 seconds slow but now it is 9 seconds slow pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facing-a-big-issue-pls-help/06220a4c-a41d-4534-b84b-51c422698001
  7. guys pls how can i fix this if anyone knows pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    guys pls how can i fix this if anyone knows pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mohammed-atem [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kspmjc/guys_pls_how_can_i_fix_this_if_anyone_knows_pls/
  8. Can anyone pls answer this..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone pls answer this..: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/will-i-be-still-be-able-to-connect-to-the-internet/e2c5f9a9-67f8-48d7-8e7d-2204a7e2b032?tm=1599130432539...
  9. Pls help. An issue with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pls help. An issue with Windows Defender: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Takeru_IJ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hckemp/pls_help_an_issue_with_windows_defender/
  10. pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?: Hey all, thank you to all who respond to this, I am desperate! I bought an Asus N550J laptop a year ago, came with Windows 8, and everything was flawless until I upgraded to Windows 10. Since then I have had crackly sounds and stuttering video playback. I thought at first...