Windows 10: Fingerprint log in issues

Discus and support Fingerprint log in issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have had hard times logging into my laptop I've had for about six months now. When I put in my finger print it will either not recognize my finger at... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TheBigBlue, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Fingerprint log in issues

I have had hard times logging into my laptop I've had for about six months now. When I put in my finger print it will either not recognize my finger at all and I have to restart my computer or enter my pin or I will be told that the password I enter is incorrect and to try again followed by my credentials not being recognized only to be logged into my desktop. Unsure of what is happening and how to solve it.

:)

TheBigBlue, Dec 1, 2018

2. Log in using fingerprint

Hi Dinuka,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your fingerprint login, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you update your device drivers. To do this, you may follow the steps in this
    article to resolve it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 1, 2018
  3. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Fingerprint log in issues

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)? No this problem was present before and after several updates as well.
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message? None
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Nothing. i did remove and re configured my fingerprints but nothing happened.
    • Thanks for supporting.

Dinuka Ramuditha, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint log in issues

1. Fingerprint log in issues - Similar Threads - Fingerprint log issues

2. Fingerprint issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint issue: I have asus vivobook flip 14 ryzen 7 TM420I. My fingerprint scanner use to work fine now its suddenly not there. And it says we couldn't find fingerprint scanner compatible to your devices, I tried installing various drivers but still in device manager 'biometric" doesn't...
  3. Fingerprint issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint issue: i have a lenovo x220 laptop with windows 10 all drivers are installed not a single issue in device manager. Everything is absolutely fine. But the issue is that my laptop has an inbuilt fingerprint sensor but its not detected in device manager and the drivers are up to date...
  4. Fingerprint issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint issue: i have a lenovo x220 laptop with windows 10 all drivers are installed not a single issue in device manager. Everything is absolutely fine. But the issue is that my laptop has an inbuilt fingerprint sensor but its not detected in device manager and the drivers are up to date...
  5. Fingerprint issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint issues: I am currently using asus vivobook and when my device is in sign in mode, the fingerprint sensor continues to read fingerprint without even putting a finger on it, the screen continues face glitch but once I enter my pin and login, it stops doing that, any solution?n...
  6. Fingerprint issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint issues: I am currently using asus vivobook and when my device is in sign in mode, the fingerprint sensor continues to read fingerprint without even putting a finger on it, the screen continues face glitch but once I enter my pin and login, it stops doing that, any solution?n...
  7. Fingerprint Log In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Log In: last update to windows caused the fingerprint setting for Log In to not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-log-in/43baeaab-4036-452f-8137-ff294ed101e1
  8. Fingerprint Issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Issue: Is fingerprint setup broken after 2004 update? I clean installed Windows 10 build 19041 this Saturday but when I tried to setup fingerprint, it is stuck on "Touch the fingerprint scanner" screen. Does anyone know the solution? [ATTACH]...
  9. Issues with Log-in using fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with Log-in using fingerprint: For some reason since last week i cannot use my fingerprint to log in to my Dell.. instead it asks for my pin number. When I go to settings/accounts against Window Hello Fingerprint it says the option is currently unavailable as "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner...
  10. pin and fingerprint log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pin and fingerprint log in: I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security settings. Then it says I can't use the pin. I have reset these things repeatedly. Here is the message: "Your PIN is no...