Windows 10: fingerprint log in option not working: Sorry something went wrong

Discus and support fingerprint log in option not working: Sorry something went wrong in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad flex 15 . The fingerprint login was working well before I got some windows update and manufacture drivers update. after these... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Carl #_#, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Carl #_# Win User

fingerprint log in option not working: Sorry something went wrong

I have a Lenovo Ideapad flex 15 . The fingerprint login was working well before I got some windows update and manufacture drivers update. after these updates, this option gets "sorry something went wrong" message and won't let me go through to set up fingerprint. I did research online, and tried delete driver and reinstall driver, but all of those are failed. really need help to solve this problem.

fingerprint log in option not working: Sorry something went wrong [​IMG]

:)

Carl #_#, Apr 30, 2020

2. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Apr 30, 2020
  3. fingerprint login option gone!!

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know if you have made any changes to the computer prior to this issue.

I suggest you to enable the biometric sign in option in setting and check.

Method 1: Enable the biometric sign in option

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options tab.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

If you are unable to find the biometric sign in option, I suggest you to follow the instruction provided in method 2 and then perform method 1 on your computer and check.

Method 2: Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default.
    However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates -->Windows Components-->Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
      • Select enable option and click on Apply and
        OK button.
    Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided in method 1.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Emad1111 Win User

Fingerprint option not available in log on screen

Thanks for your suggestion but I have already tried that and there is no Fingerprint sign in option in the Sign-in Options below the password box.

Emad1111, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. fingerprint log in option not working: Sorry something went wrong - Similar Threads - fingerprint log option

2. Sorry, something went wrong - Seting up "Windows Hello"..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry, something went wrong - Seting up "Windows Hello"..: "Something went wrong" This is the worst message you can get. At least with a blue screen, you know your need to start at the beginning....Anyhow, As I am setting up a new computer with Windows 11, I got to the facial recognition setup Windows Hello, after trying for a while...
  3. Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong": Windows 11 Pro - Fresh installation with all updates 10.0.22621 Build 22621HAL 10.0.2261.1413Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite AX i7-12700KFNexiGo N930W Windows Hello CameraMouse Camera CM02 Windows Hello CameraWhen attempting to set up Windows Facial Recognition sign-in option, the...
  4. Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong": Windows 11 Pro - Fresh installation with all updates 10.0.22621 Build 22621HAL 10.0.2261.1413Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite AX i7-12700KFNexiGo N930W Windows Hello CameraMouse Camera CM02 Windows Hello CameraWhen attempting to set up Windows Facial Recognition sign-in option, the...
  5. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera: Hi I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly. After update patch Window10, Face logon it not work. I try to remove Window hellp face and set up again . It cannot setup after key PIN and then shown "sorry...
  6. search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong...": Every search I do in Chrome does not do the search but issues message "sorry something went wrong at our end..." I open a new tab and the message is repeated. I've cleared browsing data, reset settings. No joy. Any suggestions? Thanks. SweetTasha....
  7. Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': This happens every time I want to setup my fingerprint. The driver and Windows are up-to-date. It worked fine with my previous account but I accidentally messed up the account and I deleted it and used the Administrator account until now. How do I solve the error? Thank you....
  8. Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong....

Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong....: Hello Laptop : HP EliteBook 840 G2 Operating System: Windows 10. Error: Sorry, something went wrong. close windows hello, and then try going through the step again. The error shows up while registering fingerprint. Let me mention this that it was working fine with my...
  9. Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue: When I try to redeem a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, it gives me the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. Please help....
  10. Something Went Wrong Error on Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something Went Wrong Error on Log in: I am getting this error message: Something Went wrong Error, try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/something-went-wrong-error-on-log-in/420281dc-e314-4b6b-9510-0223b741776c