Windows 10: Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset

Discus and support Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a laptop with an integrated fingerprint sensor. I originally set up a few of my fingerprints when I setup Windows and everything was working... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Raa'Shaun H., Jul 16, 2020.

1. Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset

I have a laptop with an integrated fingerprint sensor. I originally set up a few of my fingerprints when I setup Windows and everything was working fine. About a month ago, I had some serious problems with UWP apps and decided to perform a Reset to fix them. Now that I've gotten Windows back up and running, I tried to re-add my fingerprints for logging in but, every fingerprint that I'd already used gives me the error "That fingerprint has already been set up on another account. Try a different finger." The problem is that there is no longer an account with that GUID on my computer since I performed a reset.

I've already tried the method where you stop the Windows Biometric Service and delete the contents of "C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase". I've also tried after backing up the relevant keys deleting the entire contents of the registry branch "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinBio".

I'm at a loss for what I should try next. Any help I receive will be greatly appreciated since it's rather difficult to keep using my ring finger to unlock my laptop.

:)

Raa'Shaun H., Jul 16, 2020

2. Fingerprint reader doesn't work when configuring Windows Hello after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Fingerprint login not works after installing the Fall Creators Update

Hi Justine!
    Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately it is not a driver problem, your suggestion didn't worked (drivers and devices are OK, I've performed a clean boot, the same issue, when I wanted to add fingerprint, after entering PIN, the scanner doesn't started).
    Again, this issue appeared after installing the latest Fall Update, before, everything went well. My problem is similar to the issue described by imsam67's (asked on October 19, 2017), with the difference, that they are having problem with facial login mainly
    (Benjamin Klebel mentioned also fingerprint login problems).
    Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Laszlo Trif, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset

Leaked Windows 8.1 Build Reveals Fingerprint Login – Screenshot

Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset Leaked-Windows-8-1-Build-Reveals-Fingerprint-Login-Screenshot.png

Word is that Microsoft will introduce fingerprint support in Windows 8.1, but the company has remained completely tight-lipped on the feature lineup of its next OS.

A new screenshot that reached the web a few hours ago reveals that Microsoft is indeed working on fingerprint authentication for Windows 8.1, even though it’s not yet clear if such an option would also be available in the stable build of the OS or not.

According to WinBeta.org, fingerprint support has been spotted in a recently-leaked development build of Windows 8.1, so chances are that it’s actually the preview version to be released in June.

As you most likely heard, Microsoft would unveil the first public beta of the Windows 8 update next month at the BUILD developer conference, while the stable release is expected later this year.

Leaked Windows 8.1 Build Reveals Fingerprint Login – Screenshot

micropage7, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset

1. Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Login Doesn't

2. Fingerprint doesn't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint doesn't work: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-doesnt-work/5620bd81-013b-407b-a3ce-6de7a8bf5e7d
  3. Fingerprint doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint doesn't work: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-doesnt-work/5620bd81-013b-407b-a3ce-6de7a8bf5e7d
  4. Fingerprint doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fingerprint login not working

Fingerprint login not working: Hi, everytime i try and login through bio metrics, it says "somthing went wrong and our end". Its been doing this for about a month now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-login-not-working/00c298d4-58ef-4b70-a1d0-704bb8c50e82
  6. Fingerprint Windows 10 Login does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint Windows 10 Login does not work: Well, actually, it does work, after waiting overnight after a re-boot. I tried 4-5 hours, and it works. But, for a test I am doing now, still won't work at 90 minutes after re-boot. Once it is working, I can logoff the User and log back in using the fingerprint. But, if...
  7. fingerprint login not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    fingerprint login not working: Hello, My computer is only about 2 months old (ver 1909). A couple of days ago, my fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working. I've deleted the original scan and tried to re-set it up, but the scanner isn't even looking at my fingerprint. How can I fix it? EDIT - I fixed it...
  8. Why Fingerprint not working after resetting my PC?

Why Fingerprint not working after resetting my PC?: I resetted my PC and when I added my Finger it was sucessful but failed to unlock. Is it a joke that Windows won’t let me unlock my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-fingerprint-not-working-after-resetting-my-pc/240e7dce-0a7a-4e66-aba8-9eec39d206dc
  9. Fingerprint login stopped working

Fingerprint login stopped working: I have a Lenovo 540 yoga laptop. The fingerprint login stopped working after a recent windows update. this is the message I get [ATTACH] I have tried stopping the biometric using del c:\windows\system32\WinBioDatabase\...
  10. Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one.

Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one.: Hello, I was using fingerprint authentication on my laptop (Windows 10 Home) for a year without any problems. Yesterday I signed with my windows account to another laptop (Windows 10 Pro) and set up fingerprint authentication there. Suddenly I am not able to use Windows...