Windows 10: Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one.

Discus and support Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I was using fingerprint authentication on my laptop (Windows 10 Home) for a year without any problems. Yesterday I signed with my windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Vojtech Moravec, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one.

Hello,

I was using fingerprint authentication on my laptop (Windows 10 Home) for a year without any problems.

Yesterday I signed with my windows account to another laptop (Windows 10 Pro) and set up fingerprint authentication there.

Suddenly I am not able to use Windows Hello fingerprint authentication on my first laptop, getting

"Something went wrong on our side" error message, while being able to unlock second laptop with my fingerprint.

What can I do i fix thix, I prefer to use fingerprint, when there is a biometric sensor included? Is this bug with Windows Hello?

Thank you.

:)

Vojtech Moravec, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Raj_N Win User

Fingerprint login no longer works

I upgraded my HP Envy-15t Laptop to Windows 10 recently and the fingerprint login feature was working just fine for over 3 months.

Today, I tried to add another finger print for my spouse using the sign-in options under Accounts setup. The fingerprint option did not work for her. Then I tried removing all fingerprints and set up my fingerprint again.

Now, the fingerprint does not work at all. It comes up with 'authentication failed - please try again' message.
    I really liked the fingerprint option to login and want to restore that feature back. Please help.

Raj_N, Sep 5, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 5, 2019
  4. tazgal Win User

Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one.

Fingerprint scanner not working on my laptop after changing to windows

My fingerprint scanner/login was working until recently and I am not sure how to fix it. I upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop from windows 8 and then the scanner stopped working. When i go the settings/sign-in options the ability to set-up the fingerprint icon is there, however after i click on set-up and get started I don't get the screen option to input my pin. I have already set-up a pin which i use to log onto my computer. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this issue. I have attached screen-shots of the three steps.

tazgal, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one.

1. Fingerprint login doesn't work on laptop after signing windows account on another one. - Similar Threads - Fingerprint login doesn't

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account: Hello,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9.When I first set up this computer, the windows hello fingerprint seemed to fail the setup, so I just used the pin as I used to on my last laptop. I hoped that a windows update or driver update would fix this issue, but after a...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account: Hello,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9.When I first set up this computer, the windows hello fingerprint seemed to fail the setup, so I just used the pin as I used to on my last laptop. I hoped that a windows update or driver update would fix this issue, but after a...
  4. Fingerprint doesn't work

Fingerprint doesn't work: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-doesnt-work/5620bd81-013b-407b-a3ce-6de7a8bf5e7d
  5. Fingerprint doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint doesn't work: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-doesnt-work/5620bd81-013b-407b-a3ce-6de7a8bf5e7d
  6. Fingerprint doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fingerprint login not working

Fingerprint login not working: Hi, everytime i try and login through bio metrics, it says "somthing went wrong and our end". Its been doing this for about a month now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-login-not-working/00c298d4-58ef-4b70-a1d0-704bb8c50e82
  8. fingerprint login not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    fingerprint login not working: Hello, My computer is only about 2 months old (ver 1909). A couple of days ago, my fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working. I've deleted the original scan and tried to re-set it up, but the scanner isn't even looking at my fingerprint. How can I fix it? EDIT - I fixed it...
  9. Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset

Fingerprint Login Doesn't Work After Windows Reset: I have a laptop with an integrated fingerprint sensor. I originally set up a few of my fingerprints when I setup Windows and everything was working fine. About a month ago, I had some serious problems with UWP apps and decided to perform a Reset to fix them. Now that I've...
  10. my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work

my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work: my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work when i try to sign in. when i look at it in settings it just says this option is currently unavailable, please try again latter, or something went wrong please try again latter. I also can't click add another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant use fingerprint login after windows update 2020

2. why wont my asus laptop use my thumbprint