Windows 10: Fingerprint login when working from home

Discus and support Fingerprint login when working from home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With windows 8.1, using the Lenovo software that came with my work laptop, once I used the fingerprint login method at least once at work, I could also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rvgraham, Aug 9, 2015.

1. rvgraham Win User

Fingerprint login when working from home

With windows 8.1, using the Lenovo software that came with my work laptop, once I used the fingerprint login method at least once at work, I could also use it at home.

With Windows 10, using the Microsoft-provided fingerprint registration tool, I can't login using the fingerprint reader when I'm not connected to the LAN at work. Is there a way to persist the "acceptance" of the fingerprint validation so that it will work when not connected to the server? (I use a VPN connection from home, but can't connect that until after logging in.)

Thanks,

Bob

:)

rvgraham, Aug 9, 2015
  2. DavidES Win User

Windows 10 PIN or Biometric login can't see home network devices

I've just reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop, during installation I selected work PC so it would connect to my company office 365. I can login with fingerprint, PIN or password. But if I use fingerprint or PIN the laptop cannot see any other devices on
    my home network, so I cannot access a local NAS. If I login with password I can see other devices and access the local NAS.

When connected to the home network it is a private network, and file and print sharing is enabled for private networks.

Why does fingerprint or PIN login prevent my laptop seeing other network devices on my local network?

Is there any way I can login with fingerprint or PIN and access local network resources?

DavidES, Aug 9, 2015
  3. NackAwack Win User
    After November update, unable to logon to primary accout with error: "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Jenith,

Thanks for your reply. Before I read your reply, I took my computer in for service. The techies resolved my login problem, but I failed to verify that the fingerprint reader was working properly before I took the computer home. I re-scanned all my fingerprints
    but when I try logging in with my fingerprint scanner, I keep receiving an error message that the fingerprint I just tried is not in the fingerprint store.

NackAwack, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Fingerprint login when working from home

1. Fingerprint login when working from home - Similar Threads - Fingerprint login working

2. Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint login: Hello trying to get finger print login to work again. Yesterday it was working fine today it isn't. I can't get anything to work what do i do? I cannot even get a hold of anyone with microsoft on this matter over the phone and there is no dust in my finger print scan spot. I...
  3. Fingerprint Login only works half of the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint Login only works half of the time: Hello everyone, I use a Huawei Matebook D 14 from 2018. The fingerprint Login worked really good until a month or so. Now it only works 50% of the time. When it doesn't work, it says that it doesn't recognize my finger. Well, at first seems like it works, and after a second...
  4. Fingerprint login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint login not working: Hi, everytime i try and login through bio metrics, it says "somthing went wrong and our end". Its been doing this for about a month now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-login-not-working/00c298d4-58ef-4b70-a1d0-704bb8c50e82
  5. Fingerprint Windows 10 Login does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint Windows 10 Login does not work: Well, actually, it does work, after waiting overnight after a re-boot. I tried 4-5 hours, and it works. But, for a test I am doing now, still won't work at 90 minutes after re-boot. Once it is working, I can logoff the User and log back in using the fingerprint. But, if...
  6. fingerprint login not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    fingerprint login not working: Hello, My computer is only about 2 months old (ver 1909). A couple of days ago, my fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working. I've deleted the original scan and tried to re-set it up, but the scanner isn't even looking at my fingerprint. How can I fix it? EDIT - I fixed it...
  7. Fingerprint unavailable with domain login but working with localadmin

Fingerprint unavailable with domain login but working with localadmin: So I have a brand new work laptop with Win 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.1016. I have a domain user setup as my main acct and a local admin acct. Both are admin level accts. The biometrics signons are all available and work with the local admin acct. With my domain...
  8. Fingerprint Sign-In Disappeared from the login page

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint Sign-In Disappeared from the login page: Even though in the settings for Sign-In options (Windows Hello) says that I am set to sign in using fingerprints, the option has disappeared from the login page and I only get the PIN and Microsoft Password options. I could sign in using fingerprints on this very device and...
  9. Fingerprint login stopped working

Fingerprint login stopped working: I have a Lenovo 540 yoga laptop. The fingerprint login stopped working after a recent windows update. this is the message I get [ATTACH] I have tried stopping the biometric using del c:\windows\system32\WinBioDatabase\...
  10. Fingerprint Login

Fingerprint Login: I got a new Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL and the fingerprint login stopped working after a day. I get a message saying "your credentials could not be verified" It looks like the scanner is fine. It lights up and recognizes my account but then give me the error above. I then have to...