Windows 10: Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update

Discus and support Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My finger print was working just fine yesterday. I did the update today and now, suddenly, it no longer works. I went to check the settings and sign-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DeborahHaines1, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update

My finger print was working just fine yesterday. I did the update today and now, suddenly, it no longer works. I went to check the settings and sign-in options and it says its unavailable. I even went to check my device management and its no longer there either!It makes no sense why suddenly my fingerprint log in, which I have been using for years since I got this computer, is no suddenly gone and it won't even let me fix it.

:)

DeborahHaines1, Sep 28, 2022

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Sep 28, 2022
  3. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update

1. Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update - Similar Threads - Fingerprint longer works

2. Fingerprint no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint no longer working: My surface laptop go comes with the fingerprint sign-in option. It worked fine for the first few months of having my laptop but now it says, 'this option is currently not available'. I have tried restarting my laptop and updating my software but nothing is working....
  3. Fingerprint no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint no longer working: My surface laptop go comes with the fingerprint sign-in option. It worked fine for the first few months of having my laptop but now it says, 'this option is currently not available'. I have tried restarting my laptop and updating my software but nothing is working....
  4. Fingerprint scanner no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner no longer works: I have a samsung laptop with fingerprint scanner. It has windows 11 and has worked fine up until last week. I disabled the scanner then re-enabled it and it worked fine for a few days.Now it says that there isn't a scanner at all....
  5. Fingerprint scanner no longer works

Fingerprint scanner no longer works: I have a samsung laptop with fingerprint scanner. It has windows 11 and has worked fine up until last week. I disabled the scanner then re-enabled it and it worked fine for a few days.Now it says that there isn't a scanner at all....
  6. Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update

Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update: My finger print was working just fine yesterday. I did the update today and now, suddenly, it no longer works. I went to check the settings and sign-in options and it says its unavailable. I even went to check my device management and its no longer there either!It makes no...
  7. Fingerprint sensor no longer working

Fingerprint sensor no longer working: Hello,I recently bought an ASUS Vivobook Pro with a fingerprint sensor. It worked perfectly for a few weeks and then after a Windows Update, the sensor no longer works. The device looks like it is still there, but when I try to set up "Windows Hello" it tells me to touch the...
  8. Fingerprint sensor no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor no longer working: Hello,I recently bought an ASUS Vivobook Pro with a fingerprint sensor. It worked perfectly for a few weeks and then after a Windows Update, the sensor no longer works. The device looks like it is still there, but when I try to set up "Windows Hello" it tells me to touch the...
  9. Fingerprint scan no longer working after Windows 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scan no longer working after Windows 10 update: This seems to have something to do with "windows Hello" which my lap top apparently doesn't have access to. So now my $2000 Dell laptop has a fingerscanner but Windows won't let me use it....
  10. Fingerprint reader no longer working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint reader no longer working: Came home this afternoon and noticed the fingerprint reader isn't working. I logged on using my password. I settings I see something called 'Windows Hello Face' and Windows Hello Fingerprint', both marked currently unavailable. 'Windows Hello Pin' seems to be OK. When I...