Windows 10: Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

Discus and support Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Esther Morales1, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to the way it was? Is easier for me with facial or fingerprint.

:)

Esther Morales1, Dec 1, 2022
  2. CRKms Win User

windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable

windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable

CRKms, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

windows 10 fingerprint sign-in suddenly unavailable

my fingerprint sign-in worked on my pc laptop for one year. now inexplicably it has stopped. in 'settings' it advises 'fingerprint sign-in option unavailable'. how do i get it back?

bokeelywindow10, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

1. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello - Similar Threads - Fingerprint option sign

2. Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.: Hi.I want to set up a Windows Hello on my laptop, but none of the sign-in options are available. I have checked Windows for the updates it's up to date. I ran troubleshooting through "Get Help" and nothing came up. I have checked the camera access as well. I have tried to...
  3. Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.: Hi.I want to set up a Windows Hello on my laptop, but none of the sign-in options are available. I have checked Windows for the updates it's up to date. I ran troubleshooting through "Get Help" and nothing came up. I have checked the camera access as well. I have tried to...
  4. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  5. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable: Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening....
  6. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable: Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening....
  7. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

8. Windows Hello Fingerprint - This Option is currently Unavailable

Windows Hello Fingerprint - This Option is currently Unavailable: So I recently updated my laptop to the latest version it is currently unable to revert to the previous update due to being installed for more than 10 days and my fingerprint sensor stopped working. I have tried everything suggested online from uninstalling Biometric devices...
  9. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable: I have a brand new Dell XPS 1330/9300 with Win 10 Pro 1909 with myself setup as the only admin account. The sign-in options for Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN are greyed out with a message saying "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I...
  10. windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable

windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable: windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint-option-currently/02154087-96ff-485d-bde4-0363e34946b6