Windows 10: Fingerprint & pin not working - locked out win 10

Discus and support Fingerprint & pin not working - locked out win 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I rebooted and dell xps no longer takes fingerprint. It says username or password are incorrect. I am locked out. Am on screenpicture, login options... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by angeliquemilan, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Fingerprint & pin not working - locked out win 10

I rebooted and dell xps no longer takes fingerprint. It says username or password are incorrect. I am locked out. Am on screenpicture, login options show fingerprint, pin, and reset pin option. Trying that but nothing happens. Dell says might be due to win update? I am literally lovked out completely! Help please!!

:)

angeliquemilan, Jun 7, 2020
  2. chris_80 Win User

Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

We understand that you're having challenges with your finger print login option. You may be facing it due to various reasons. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the
    finger print driverand check if the issue reoccur. Follow the steps below:

• Delete the fingerprints you've already registered.
    • Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Uninstall the current driver the current diver under "Biometric devices".
    • You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Fingerprint & pin not working - locked out win 10

PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

I am having problem while signin-in my pin and my fingerprint is not working in my dell Vostro if I try to setup I cant setup them so please suggest me some measures

thank you

ArengaNathan, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint & pin not working - locked out win 10

1. Fingerprint & pin not working - locked out win 10 - Similar Threads - Fingerprint pin working

2. Locked out of Win 10 PC - Forgot PIN and there is no other option available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Win 10 PC - Forgot PIN and there is no other option available: Well I wrote the PIN on paper so I'm surprised it says is wrong, I tried different combinations of number I might have switched but no luck, and now I tried too many times and first I have to hard reboot the pc then type A1B2C3 an try one time the PIN again.Let me be clear...
  3. Locked out of Win 10 PC - Forgot PIN and there is no other option available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Win 10 PC - Forgot PIN and there is no other option available: Well I wrote the PIN on paper so I'm surprised it says is wrong, I tried different combinations of number I might have switched but no luck, and now I tried too many times and first I have to hard reboot the pc then type A1B2C3 an try one time the PIN again.Let me be clear...
  4. Locked out of Win 10 PC - Forgot PIN and there is no other option available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  6. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  7. Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working: HiMy laptop's fingerprint reader didnt recognise my fingerprint, saying something went wrong on their end. The only other sign in option is pin, which again is not working due to an issue on their end.When trying to recover the account, the recovery email and phone are not...
  8. Win 10 Locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Locked out: Hello My father has managed to forget his password to gain access to his laptop, he has also managed to forget his security answers to re set the password He is getting on in years Is there any way that I can access his laptop We have no back up disc for it and he has...
  9. pin and fingerprint not working

pin and fingerprint not working: yesterday when i signed in to my microsoft account they asked me for a computer pin and i put one with a finger print later after i restarted it my finger print was working but my pin was not. Today my finger print and pin is not working not even the I forgot my pin link...
  10. Locked out of Win 10

Locked out of Win 10: Somehow i managed to lock myself out of my desktop , i cannot get past the lock screen. I changed the password 2 times but i think the problem is my username which i do not know how to change on the lock screen, help! btw , when i click on the i forgot my password link it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wincorrect finger prints and forget pin windows 10