Windows 10: FINGERPRINT & PIN OPTIONS MISSING IN SIGN-IN IN WINDOWS 10

Discus and support FINGERPRINT & PIN OPTIONS MISSING IN SIGN-IN IN WINDOWS 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; FINGERPRINT AND PIN OPTION ARE MISSING IN SIGN-IN OPTION.. I AM USING WINDOWS 10 - PRO - 64 BIT KINDLY HELP... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ELYSAM 0X1, Apr 17, 2020.

1. FINGERPRINT & PIN OPTIONS MISSING IN SIGN-IN IN WINDOWS 10

FINGERPRINT AND PIN OPTION ARE MISSING IN SIGN-IN OPTION..

I AM USING WINDOWS 10 - PRO - 64 BIT

KINDLY HELP

:)

ELYSAM 0X1, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Apr 17, 2020
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

4. FINGERPRINT & PIN OPTIONS MISSING IN SIGN-IN IN WINDOWS 10

Fingerprint sign-in missing from options!

I'm a step further:

The installed driver for the fingerprint reader has to be deleted from device manager. Windows 10 then install a "Synaptics" driver for the fingerprint reader.

In a second step, a PIN has to be specified in the account options. After that, the fingerprint option misteriously appears and it's possible to record the fingerprint.

BUT: I absolutely can't understand why a PIN is required for fingerprint logon. Now, I can logon to my domain joined Windows 10 client with just a 4 digit PIN, despite we have complex password requirements configured in the domain policies.

I tried to setup two factor authentication with PIN and fingerprint, but haven't found a way. There is absolutely no description how to implement 2 factor authentication in Windows 10. Seems to be Vaporware..

Franz

FranzSchenk, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

FINGERPRINT & PIN OPTIONS MISSING IN SIGN-IN IN WINDOWS 10

1. FINGERPRINT & PIN OPTIONS MISSING IN SIGN-IN IN WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - FINGERPRINT PIN OPTIONS

2. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  3. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  4. fingerprint in sign in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working: HiMy laptop's fingerprint reader didnt recognise my fingerprint, saying something went wrong on their end. The only other sign in option is pin, which again is not working due to an issue on their end.When trying to recover the account, the recovery email and phone are not...
  6. Windows Hello PIN Sign-In Option Missing in Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello PIN Sign-In Option Missing in Settings: Yesterday I successfully upgraded from1909 to 21H1.The Windows Hello PIN Sign-In Option is missing in Settings\Accounts\Sign-In Options in two out of three Administrator accounts.The only options there are Security Key and Password.I have set a login PIN in one Administrator...
  7. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable: I have a brand new Dell XPS 1330/9300 with Win 10 Pro 1909 with myself setup as the only admin account. The sign-in options for Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN are greyed out with a message saying "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I...
  8. Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu: Despite having registered a PIN when first prompted, the option to change my PIN seems to be missing from my sign-in options. Is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  9. Fingerprint Sign In Option

Fingerprint Sign In Option: Hi, I have an HP Envy x360 with the Windows Hello sign in options. I have been using the fingerprint sign in option ever since I got the laptop a few months ago. I've not had any problems with it. I just updated it and now that option is gone when I turn my laptop on and...
  10. pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin sign-in option missing--can't log in: Hi there, We have an HP tablet and have only ever signed in with a pin--don't even think a password was set, if that's possible. The other day, the pin option to sign in was not there, only sign in options available were password and smart card. Because we have no passwords...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin sign in option missing