Windows 10: Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10!

Discus and support Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good morning! I have a Fujitsu Celsius H910 Mobile workstation with AuthenTec Inc. AES2660 Fingerprint sensor. It was work well under Windows 7 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LászlóNeuhauser, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10!

Good morning!

I have a Fujitsu Celsius H910 Mobile workstation with AuthenTec Inc. AES2660 Fingerprint sensor.

It was work well under Windows 7 and Windows 10 BUT!

About 2018. summer there was an update of operating system (Windows 10 64 bit) and since then the fingerprint sensor does not work any more

First there was always the "can't start the device CODE 10" problem

After a while the device disappeared from device manager.

I uninstalled the driver and downloaded again

It did not help.

Windows can't see the device.

Device manager does not show any kind of biometric sensor

(Sometimes it appears with CODE 10)

Today i've got a new big update but the sensor still not work

in 2018 easter i could use it with Windows Hello and login every time

Since 2018 summer update i can't use it!

I tried almost everything that i found on the internet but nothing works!

And no, i don't want reinstall my windows or restore it becaise i have very very lot of work on it!

How the hell i can make it work? I did pay a lot of money for your operating system and You make it always WORSE!

And if i search for solution i fint VEEERY lot of forums and users with the SAME PROBLEM!

Then You are wondering why people hates You?!

We pay, You MUST MAKE IT GOOD! That's it!

:)

LászlóNeuhauser, Oct 2, 2018

2. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

I can't troubleshoot my device if it isn't allowed to load. I have attached images displaying my device and the most recent update attempt.
    Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10! f7010e7f-8710-4aa8-8bac-880e24be6f19.png

My fingerprint reader was working when I upgraded to Windows 10, but after a system refresh, it no longer works. I know that I have the correct drivers installed as they are the ones that came with my computer's setup files.

Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10! 6bc019d4-c502-4c2c-acfe-a7cbe53716be.png

Something else may be preventing my reader from working. Please clarify Code 31.

This question isn't answered unless all instances of this problem are put to rest.

MassTransitKrow, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10!

windows 10 doesn't recognized internal fingerprint reader

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to uninstall fingerprint reader software from the computer and reinstall it in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps

Step1: Uninstall fingerprint reader software.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control Panel

• Go to Programs and Features

• Right click your fingerprint reader software from the list and tap or click
        Uninstall.

• Reboot your machine

Step 2: If you have executable file of the corresponding driver, I suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode. Follow the steps:

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select the version of Windows in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Also, refer:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10!

1. Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10! - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader does

2. Fingerprint reader not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  3. Fingerprint reader not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  4. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  5. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  6. Fingerprint Reader not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  7. Fingerprint Reader not working

Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  8. Fingerprint Reader Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my Dell laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device' even though I...
  9. My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello.

My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello.: Hello. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad W530 with a fingerprint reader on Windows 10 Pro (Upgraded from 7). In Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options, it says Windows Hello isn't available on my PC. Other people have the reader working with Windows Hello but not me. I tried installing the...
  10. Fingerprint reader not working

Fingerprint reader not working: I have a digitalpersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint reader. I've installed drivers for it and Device Manager recognizes it as a biometric device. I want to use it with Windows hello but settings for Windows hello are not available. I've updated local Group policy settings to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not show fingerprint

2. rundll fingerprint

3. synaptics driver lenovo

4. does finger print readers work,
  5. Windows 10 update 2019 and fingerprint readers,
  6. fingerprint readers not working win 10,
  7. lenovo fingerprint doesnt work windows 10 version 1709,
  8. win 10 fingerprint does not work,
  9. fingerprint scanner doesnt work windows 10,
  10. does computer finger print reader work,
  11. windows 10 fingerprint no longer in human interface devices,