Windows 10: Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10

Discus and support Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlexandriaS, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10

I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me figure out where to go to set it up... I've tried to look up the answer online but I have not found a solution that works.

At first I thought I needed to install the HP Simple Pass, so I did that, but it only talks about passwords for websites... nothing about the computer log in...

Then I found that there's something called "Windows Hello" but there is no "Windows Hello" listed.

Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10 [​IMG]

As you can see, there is no Windows Hello option. I don't know how to fix this so that I can use my fingerprint reader again.

:)

AlexandriaS, Nov 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 and Fingerprint Reader Compatibility.

The integrated digitalPersona fingerprint reader on my HP Pavilion dv6 wasn't affected by conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It never missed a beat.

JanetBraunstein, Nov 28, 2018
  3. HP Pavilion dv6-3225dx laptop Fingerprint reader not working in Windows 10

10/28/15

When my laptop had Windows 7, the HP installed fingerprint reader worked perfectly for me to set up and use it successfully to sign in to Windows. When I downloaded Windows 10, the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I have spent hours trying to find
    information from HP and Microsoft to correct the problem with no success. When I called a private Tech Support Company, they did not have any solution. There response was that "Microsoft had bigger problems with Windows 10 and it might be months before they
    find a solution for the fingerprint reader."

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution for it? Would greatly appreciate anyone's help in how to correct this fingerprint problem.

Thank you,

Joe W.

Joseph Wisniowski, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Aberfoyle Win User

Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10

Windows 10 and Fingerprint Reader Compatibility.

I am looking for some information before I upgrade a PC with a fingerprint reader.

I have a HP DV7 running Windows 7 home Premium. It has a fingerprint reader that I use for a large number of passwords.

The actual fingerprint reader uses Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver.

The password database uses HP's SimplePass software.

Are there any known compatibility issues with Windows 10 and the fingerprint reader and it's supporting software?

Note HP has not updated the fingerprint reader software since 2011.

Their stance is:

HP has not tested this product for upgrade to Windows 10 and will not be developing

Windows 10 drivers for this product.

Aberfoyle, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10

1. Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Reader DV6

2. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  3. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  4. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: My Precision5530 will not let me use the fingerprint reader to sign into my computer. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader/b314b40e-f1d8-4656-8445-ce60053a472c
  5. Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working: So I opened my laptop and the fingerprint reader doesn't work.I went to settings and removed it and set it up again and when I place my finger it doesn't do anything....
  6. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: I have had my yoga C940 for about two weeks and my fingerprint reader has been working fine. then all of a sudden it stops working so I delete it to add another an this happens. I'm totally upset because this is one of the main reasons I purchased his laptop. the windows 10...
  7. fingerprinter reader

fingerprinter reader: hola, tengo un portatil lenovo, venia con windows 7, compre windows 10 pro, pero mi fingerprinter reader no funciona, en windows hello ni en otras aplicaciones, en administrador de de dispositivos lo trate de actualizar diver y me dice que no encontro diver en linea y que...
  8. Windows 10 Compatibility for HP DV6?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Compatibility for HP DV6?: Windows 10 Compatibility for HP DV6? ========================================== Thanks for replies to my postings. My HP Pavillion dv6-2066dx AMD processor came with OEM installed Win 7 and AMD processor. As Microsoft stopped Win 7 updates, I am thinking of getting to win...
  9. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

Fingerprint reader on windows 10: I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device. The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavilion dv6 fingerprint driver windows 10

2. fingerprint driver for hp pavilion dv6

3. hp fingerprint windows 10

4. pavilion dv6 fingerprint driver windows 10,
  5. hp pavilion dv6 biometric driver,
  6. clear fingerprint scanner on hp pavilion dv6,
  7. hp laptop fingerprint reader loc:US,
  8. hp pavilion dv6 fingerprint software,
  9. hp pavilion dv6 finger print,
  10. how to repaire finger print on pavailin dv 6 hp,
  11. paviliov dv 6 finger print hard drive,