Windows 10: Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update

Discus and support Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My fingerprint on asus ux331 stop working after the update, i have tried re-installed and updated the driver but the problem still persist. Please... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by roxasnosora, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update

My fingerprint on asus ux331 stop working after the update, i have tried re-installed and updated the driver but the problem still persist. Please don,t ask me to format my laptop as it is always the 'easy' solution answer.

:)

roxasnosora, Jan 24, 2019

2. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

I can't troubleshoot my device if it isn't allowed to load. I have attached images displaying my device and the most recent update attempt.
    Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update f7010e7f-8710-4aa8-8bac-880e24be6f19.png

My fingerprint reader was working when I upgraded to Windows 10, but after a system refresh, it no longer works. I know that I have the correct drivers installed as they are the ones that came with my computer's setup files.

Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update 6bc019d4-c502-4c2c-acfe-a7cbe53716be.png

Something else may be preventing my reader from working. Please clarify Code 31.

This question isn't answered unless all instances of this problem are put to rest.

MassTransitKrow, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update

Fingerprint readers don't work

Hi,

Windows seems to treat the P5100 as a swipe sensor and not a touch one. Let's get your device connected, to do that, try following the steps below and see how it goes:

• Disconnect your fingerprint reader.
    • Uninstall both drivers.
    • Restart.
    • Then connect any of the drivers.

As mentioned above, the drivers are detected by the system and everything should run smoothly. If you still experience the issue after performing the steps, we advise you to contact your device manufacturer for configuration.

Julie Ram, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update

1. Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader working

2. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  3. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  4. Fingerprint Reader not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  5. Fingerprint Reader not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  6. Fingerprint Reader Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my Dell laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device' even though I...
  7. Fingerprint reader not working after windows update.

Fingerprint reader not working after windows update.: My windows was recently updated and after which fingerprint reader stopped working. "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello fingerprint." I tried updating the driver from the device manager but it says the best driver for this is already...
  8. Fingerprint reader/scanner not working with recent update to windows hello

Fingerprint reader/scanner not working with recent update to windows hello: How can I fix compatibility issues with windows hello on my HP ENVY 360 laptop? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-readerscanner-not-working-with-recent/9c10daa0-5501-4272-a2bb-4f883ec457fe
  9. Fingerprint reader not working after Windows updates

Fingerprint reader not working after Windows updates: Hi, I have a Lenovo Yoga C930-131KB laptop (Type 81C4), and the recent update disabled my fingerprint reader. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, and manually updating the drivers from the Lenovo website. No luck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ***Original...
  10. Fingerprint reader not working

Fingerprint reader not working: I have a digitalpersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint reader. I've installed drivers for it and Device Manager recognizes it as a biometric device. I want to use it with Windows hello but settings for Windows hello are not available. I've updated local Group policy settings to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint sensor on asus does not work after windows update

2. asus fingerprint driver windows 10

3. fingerprint scanner is not working after installing the windows update

4. after windows update finger print ASUS