Windows 10: Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

Discus and support Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got a Dell Inspiron with Windows 11 preloaded. The fingerprint reader was working fine at first, but now it appears to not be working with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by samuel26, Nov 28, 2021.

1. samuel26 Win User

Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

I recently got a Dell Inspiron with Windows 11 preloaded. The fingerprint reader was working fine at first, but now it appears to not be working with windows hello. The option to add a finger or remove the fingerprint are greyed out and not clickable.I've seen posts about this issue in Windows 10, but the fixes aren't working for me.

:)

samuel26, Nov 28, 2021
  2. CRKms Win User

windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable

windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable

CRKms, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

I can't troubleshoot my device if it isn't allowed to load. I have attached images displaying my device and the most recent update attempt.
    Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable" f7010e7f-8710-4aa8-8bac-880e24be6f19.png

My fingerprint reader was working when I upgraded to Windows 10, but after a system refresh, it no longer works. I know that I have the correct drivers installed as they are the ones that came with my computer's setup files.

Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable" 6bc019d4-c502-4c2c-acfe-a7cbe53716be.png

Something else may be preventing my reader from working. Please clarify Code 31.

This question isn't answered unless all instances of this problem are put to rest.

MassTransitKrow, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

1. Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable" - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader working

2. Fingerprint feature not working on Windows 11 says "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint feature not working on Windows 11 says "This option is currently unavailable": I recently got a Dell Latitude 7390 2 in 1 with Windows 11 preloaded. I had never tried to set the fingerprint reader up until today but it won't let me, it looks to not be working with Windows Hello features. The option to add a finger is grey and won't let me click on it....
  3. Fingerprint feature not working on Windows 11 says "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint feature not working on Windows 11 says "This option is currently unavailable": I recently got a Dell Latitude 7390 2 in 1 with Windows 11 preloaded. I had never tried to set the fingerprint reader up until today but it won't let me, it looks to not be working with Windows Hello features. The option to add a finger is grey and won't let me click on it....
  4. Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable": I recently got a MI NOTEBOOK ULTRA with Windows 11 preloaded. The fingerprint reader was working fine at first, but now it appears to not be working with windows hello. The option to add a finger or remove the fingerprint are greyed out and not clickable....
  5. Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable": I recently got a MI NOTEBOOK ULTRA with Windows 11 preloaded. The fingerprint reader was working fine at first, but now it appears to not be working with windows hello. The option to add a finger or remove the fingerprint are greyed out and not clickable....
  6. Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable": I have tried almost everything but nothing seems to be working this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working-on-windows-11-this/8959bba6-dd13-414a-8314-629f7e88800b
  7. Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable": I have tried almost everything but nothing seems to be working this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working-on-windows-11-this/8959bba6-dd13-414a-8314-629f7e88800b
  8. Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable"

Fingerprint reader not working on Windows 11: "This option is currently unavailable": I recently got a Dell Inspiron with Windows 11 preloaded. The fingerprint reader was working fine at first, but now it appears to not be working with windows hello. The option to add a finger or remove the fingerprint are greyed out and not clickable.I've seen posts about...
  9. Fingerprint option currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint option currently unavailable: I am not able to set fingerprint in my hp elitebook 8570p. I have unistalled the driver and reinstalled the driver but it is not working. I also downlaoded the latest driver from hp but not working. I also tried installing hello inf file but still doesn't works....
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint - This Option is currently Unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint - This Option is currently Unavailable: So I recently updated my laptop to the latest version it is currently unable to revert to the previous update due to being installed for more than 10 days and my fingerprint sensor stopped working. I have tried everything suggested online from uninstalling Biometric devices...