Windows 10: Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working

Discus and support Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I opened my laptop and the fingerprint reader doesn't work.I went to settings and removed it and set it up again and when I place my finger it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by StavrosPoniros, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working

So I opened my laptop and the fingerprint reader doesn't work.I went to settings and removed it and set it up again and when I place my finger it doesn't do anything.

:)

StavrosPoniros, Sep 26, 2020

2. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

I bought this HP laptop back in 2010 for college, set up my password, and have never used the password since then. I use the fingerprint reader only. Once my laptop updated to Microsoft 10 , the fingerprint reader won't work. There's no way for me to get
    into my laptop because of this. How do I login ?!

Original title: Fingerprint Reader not working

KayleighWells1, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

fingerfrient not work

Raihanpatwary, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working

HP Pavilion dv6-3225dx laptop Fingerprint reader not working in Windows 10

10/28/15

When my laptop had Windows 7, the HP installed fingerprint reader worked perfectly for me to set up and use it successfully to sign in to Windows. When I downloaded Windows 10, the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I have spent hours trying to find
    information from HP and Microsoft to correct the problem with no success. When I called a private Tech Support Company, they did not have any solution. There response was that "Microsoft had bigger problems with Windows 10 and it might be months before they
    find a solution for the fingerprint reader."

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution for it? Would greatly appreciate anyone's help in how to correct this fingerprint problem.

Thank you,

Joe W.

Joseph Wisniowski, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working

1. Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader laptop

2. Fingerprint reader not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  3. Fingerprint reader not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  4. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  5. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  6. Fingerprint Reader not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  7. Fingerprint Reader not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  8. Fingerprint Reader not working

9. Fingerprint Reader Not Working

Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my Dell laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device' even though I...
  10. Fingerprint reader not working

Fingerprint reader not working: I have a digitalpersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint reader. I've installed drivers for it and Device Manager recognizes it as a biometric device. I want to use it with Windows hello but settings for Windows hello are not available. I've updated local Group policy settings to...