Windows 10: Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad

Discus and support Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A recent windows 10 update disabled my fingerprint reader. The latest update has not restored it. How do I make it work again please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamesJefferies2, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad

A recent windows 10 update disabled my fingerprint reader. The latest update has not restored it. How do I make it work again please?

:)

jamesJefferies2, Jul 2, 2019
  2. JSF123456 Win User

Fingerprint reader not working, windows 10, lenovo X200s

I upgraded my Lenovo X200s to windows 10. Since then, the fingerprint reader is not functioning. It is listed as a generic fingerprint device under the device manager, but I cannot update the driver auto or manual. I installed the Lenovo Validity fingerprint
    driver for Windows 10 and used the Run: gpedit.msc route to enable biometrics, but still there is no option to set up fingerprint sign-in. Is this fingerprint reader a total loss? I haven't found any other fixes online, especially not for the X200
    series. Thanks.

JSF123456, Jul 2, 2019
  3. My fingerprint reader just stopped working.

Lenovo Ideapad 720S-141KB. I just got this computer 2 months ago. The fingerprint reader was working, then just stopped 2 days ago.

jmmpielady, Jul 2, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad

Lenovo X380 Fingerprint reader showing "disconnected": any fixes?

Here's my situation. I've got a Lenovo X380 Yoga with a built-in fingerprint reader. After recent Windows updates, the fingerprint reader disappeared. After digging into DevMgr, I find that this Biometric device is only viewable when I click the "Show hidden devices" option, and it shows the following status when I do that:

Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad [​IMG]

I've tried updating/reinstalling the drivers (and the Intel SGX device that bridges from the peripherals bus to the system circuitry apparently) and the status remains disconnected. I have not even moved the machine around much since I got it about six weeks ago. I'm inclined to believe that the fingerprint reader has failed. Can anyone offer an alternate diagnosis or a different repair strategy?

TIA for your input and suggestions.

--Ed--

PS: the unit is under warranty and I can ship it back to Lenovo for repair and diagnosis for the cost of shipment. Curiously that's about the same cost as that for purchasing a new replacement fingerprint reader. I'm wondering further if I shouldn't just order a replacement and do the repair myself. Thoughts?

EdTittel, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad

1. Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader Lenovo

2. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  3. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  4. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: My Precision5530 will not let me use the fingerprint reader to sign into my computer. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader/b314b40e-f1d8-4656-8445-ce60053a472c
  5. Lenovo C940 Fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo C940 Fingerprint reader: Hello, I have a new Lenovo Yoga. This is strange however, my fingerprint reader only works consistently when I am at my corporate office. When I take the laptop to my home office, it always has a problem recognizing my index finger signing in with windows hello feature? Any...
  6. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: I have had my yoga C940 for about two weeks and my fingerprint reader has been working fine. then all of a sudden it stops working so I delete it to add another an this happens. I'm totally upset because this is one of the main reasons I purchased his laptop. the windows 10...
  7. Fingerprint Reader not working in Lenovo

Fingerprint Reader not working in Lenovo: Here are all the images [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working-in-lenovo/d7a4d76a-6e8b-474e-a3e1-ce9b09c93c18
  8. fingerprinter reader

fingerprinter reader: hola, tengo un portatil lenovo, venia con windows 7, compre windows 10 pro, pero mi fingerprinter reader no funciona, en windows hello ni en otras aplicaciones, en administrador de de dispositivos lo trate de actualizar diver y me dice que no encontro diver en linea y que...
  9. lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner

lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner: Disappeared after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/lenovo-ideapad-520s-fingerprint-scanner/5c8364b6-2f4b-492b-90ac-330f8130eff3
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo ideapad flex-14iwl windows hello fingerprint not working and under warranty