Windows 10: Fingerprint reader problem.

Discus and support Fingerprint reader problem. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Biometrics is not showing up in the device manager dialog box. Need to know how to get it back. I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DB-2, May 13, 2019.

1. DB-2 Win User

Fingerprint reader problem.

Biometrics is not showing up in the device manager dialog box. Need to know how to get it back. I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.17763 build 17763. So my fingerprint reader will not work. I have tried erverthing since a lot of people have had the same problem. I also tried updates of the fingerprint reader driver from Lenovo for my P50 laptop with no luck.

:)

2. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 13, 2019
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Fingerprint readers don't work

Hi,

Windows seems to treat the P5100 as a swipe sensor and not a touch one. Let's get your device connected, to do that, try following the steps below and see how it goes:

• Disconnect your fingerprint reader.
    • Uninstall both drivers.
    • Restart.
    • Then connect any of the drivers.

As mentioned above, the drivers are detected by the system and everything should run smoothly. If you still experience the issue after performing the steps, we advise you to contact your device manufacturer for configuration.

Julie Ram, May 13, 2019
  4. Fingerprint reader problem.

windows 10 doesn't recognized internal fingerprint reader

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to uninstall fingerprint reader software from the computer and reinstall it in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps

Step1: Uninstall fingerprint reader software.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control Panel

• Go to Programs and Features

• Right click your fingerprint reader software from the list and tap or click
        Uninstall.

• Reboot your machine

Step 2: If you have executable file of the corresponding driver, I suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode. Follow the steps:

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select the version of Windows in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Also, refer:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint reader problem.

1. Fingerprint reader problem. - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader problem

2. Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader: I had a Laptop with Windows 7 on it from Lenovo, a T530. It has a built-in fingerprint reader. I was using Lenovo's Authentec Fingerprint software that allowed me to boot and sign-in while shutoff. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble. Windows' built-in...
  3. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: Hi, I got my HP Pavilion x360 14 - dh0004nx laptop one month ago. I was using only my fingerprint reader to log in, and today I was using my laptop when suddenly it turned off by itself. Then, I turned on again and tried to log in by using the fingerprint reader, but it...
  4. Fingerprint reader no longer working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint reader no longer working: Came home this afternoon and noticed the fingerprint reader isn't working. I logged on using my password. I settings I see something called 'Windows Hello Face' and Windows Hello Fingerprint', both marked currently unavailable. 'Windows Hello Pin' seems to be OK. When I...
  5. Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad

Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad: A recent windows 10 update disabled my fingerprint reader. The latest update has not restored it. How do I make it work again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-on-lenovo-ideapad/fc18f039-411d-4f4f-a94b-a835bdafc1dc
  6. Fingerprint reader not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint reader not working: I have a digitalpersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint reader. I've installed drivers for it and Device Manager recognizes it as a biometric device. I want to use it with Windows hello but settings for Windows hello are not available. I've updated local Group policy settings to...
  7. Suggestions for Fingerprint Reader

Suggestions for Fingerprint Reader: I'm looking for a new fingerprint reader, and would like some suggestions or recommendations... I have 3 old APC Biopods, and they used to work really really well. Alas, they haven't been supported since Windows XP and so they are sitting in a drawer. I have searched long...
  8. fingerprint readers

fingerprint readers: Hi, I want to install a fingerprint reader to replace numerous passwords but don't know which model to buy and what problems might arise. I have only basic knowledge of the technicalities of computers. I operate on Windows 10. 96241
  9. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

Fingerprint reader on windows 10: I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device. The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. digitalpersona windows 10

2. what is the problem of fingerprint reader