Windows 10: Fingerprint reader/scanner not working with recent update to windows hello

Discus and support Fingerprint reader/scanner not working with recent update to windows hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How can I fix compatibility issues with windows hello on my HP ENVY 360 laptop? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dr.Z_07, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Dr.Z_07 Win User

Fingerprint reader/scanner not working with recent update to windows hello

How can I fix compatibility issues with windows hello on my HP ENVY 360 laptop? Thank you.

:)

Dr.Z_07, Feb 22, 2020

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Fingerprint reader/scanner not working with recent update to windows hello

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint reader/scanner not working with recent update to windows hello

1. Fingerprint reader/scanner not working with recent update to windows hello - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader scanner

2. Windows Hello and Fingerprint scanner won't work.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello and Fingerprint scanner won't work.: I had to reinstall windows because my hard drive got replaced I installed everything correctly but can't seem to get windows hello or fingerprint to work even. It used to work before....
  3. Windows Hello and Fingerprint scanner won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello and Fingerprint scanner won't work.: I had to reinstall windows because my hard drive got replaced I installed everything correctly but can't seem to get windows hello or fingerprint to work even. It used to work before....
  4. Windows Hello and Fingerprint scanner won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner not working: I am a student and I received a HP ProBook 440 G6 from my school which I paid for and own. On the bottom right of the keyboard is what I believe to be a fingerprint scanner. I tried searching for the answer to my question, and the only answer was to check the version of...
  6. Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working

Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working: I have an HP Spectre 360 and have always used Windows Hello or the fingerprint reader to sign in since I got it. But for the last few days it keeps telling me that a compatible webcam and fingerprint reader could not be found and I can only sign in with a pin. Any...
  7. Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows

Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows: I have an HP Envy with a fingerprint scanner, which worked fine until I did a Windows update today. I checked my settings and it says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint."...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Dell Inspiron 7577 Built-in Goodix Fingerprint scanner Was working fine for 2 years. I removed my fingerprint then tried to re-add it and it is now grayed out. The scanner shows in the device manager. [ATTACH] Tried: Updating driver in device manager....
  9. Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update

Fingerprint reader not working after recent windows update: My fingerprint on asus ux331 stop working after the update, i have tried re-installed and updated the driver but the problem still persist. Please don,t ask me to format my laptop as it is always the 'easy' solution answer....
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working: I have no idea what went wrong. It stopped working a few day ago with no noticeable change. Just went in and tried to reprogram it in because maybe my fingerprint changed or something crazy like that?? So I go to touch it, it gets to the 'touch the scanner again' screen and...