Windows 10: Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL

Discus and support Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; HI! My fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working today and it displays in the settings suddenly that it isn't an available option for this computer.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jz Pulumbarit, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL

HI! My fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working today and it displays in the settings suddenly that it isn't an available option for this computer. My laptop's fairly new and the reader was perfectly working yesterday. Please help, thanks!

:)

Jz Pulumbarit, Apr 15, 2020

2. Dell Fingerprint reader

The reader should be at the lower right of the keyboard. Have you configured the reader to recognize your fingerprint? Is the fingerprint reader software installed? Check the Dell Community forums for advice from other XPS 13 users.

Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL d451872f-a80d-4bb9-8e33-f90c88203471.png

It is an option, I believe, and therefore not present on all.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL

Fingerprint readers don't work

Hi,

Windows seems to treat the P5100 as a swipe sensor and not a touch one. Let's get your device connected, to do that, try following the steps below and see how it goes:

• Disconnect your fingerprint reader.
    • Uninstall both drivers.
    • Restart.
    • Then connect any of the drivers.

As mentioned above, the drivers are detected by the system and everything should run smoothly. If you still experience the issue after performing the steps, we advise you to contact your device manufacturer for configuration.

Julie Ram, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL

1. Fingerprint reader stopped working DELL - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader stopped

2. Fingerprint reader not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  3. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  4. Fingerprint Reader Not Working.

Fingerprint Reader Not Working.: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago, it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop after a while, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device'...
  5. Fingerprint reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader stopped working: Hello,My Lenovo 13s-IML product number 20RR0003IX, bios version CQCN41WW was updated to Windows 11 more than 1 year ago.Since the update some devices camera and fingerprint reader started having some issues from time to time, especially after some windows update: fingerprint...
  6. Fingerprint reader stopped working

Fingerprint reader stopped working: Hello,My Lenovo 13s-IML product number 20RR0003IX, bios version CQCN41WW was updated to Windows 11 more than 1 year ago.Since the update some devices camera and fingerprint reader started having some issues from time to time, especially after some windows update: fingerprint...
  7. Fingerprint Reader not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  8. Fingerprint Reader not working

Fingerprint Reader not working: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Laptop and now my fingerprint reader doesn't work. Help is appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-working/c071cc9e-b799-4450-a3c5-57f33a3d16f5
  9. Fingerprint Reader Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Hello, my fingerprint scanner on my Dell laptop had suddenly stopped working. A few hours ago it was perfectly fine and running until I tried to unlock my laptop, and nothing was happening. On settings, it says 'Windows Hello is not compatible with this device' even though I...
  10. Fingerprint reader not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint reader not working: I have a digitalpersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint reader. I've installed drivers for it and Device Manager recognizes it as a biometric device. I want to use it with Windows hello but settings for Windows hello are not available. I've updated local Group policy settings to...