Windows 10: Fingerprint Reader unable to start

Discus and support Fingerprint Reader unable to start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 OS build 22621.900 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bonnokush, Dec 9, 2022.

1. bonnokush Win User

Fingerprint Reader unable to start

Hello everyone, I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 OS build 22621.900 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 I recently discovered that my fingerprint reader does not recognize my prints. I removed my sign-in information from Windows Hello and attempted to set up the finger print again. Unfortunately, I continued to receive this error. Further inspection revealed that the device was not turning on. The incident I recorded is shown below. I tried resetting my device, but that did not solve the problem. At this point, I am bound to think that the device

:)

bonnokush, Dec 9, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to use Fingerprint Reader

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint on your HP ProBook 6470b. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What happens when you try to setup fingerprint?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Were you able to use fingerprint on your computer earlier?

I would suggest you to refer the section Setting up a fingerprint reader from the HP article

HP PCs - Set Up Sign-in Options for Windows Hello (Windows 10)

For additional information, see Windows 10 sign-in options and privacy
    and Learn about Windows Hello and set it up.

Please reply with more information on the issue to help you further with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 9, 2022
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 9, 2022
  4. Fingerprint Reader unable to start

Unable to use Fingerprint Reader

Thank you for your concern, i tried the method you gave but it didn't work. The error i get is 'we couldn't find a hardware compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

victormwangi2, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

Fingerprint Reader unable to start

1. Fingerprint Reader unable to start - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Reader unable

2. Fingerprint Reader unable to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader unable to start: Hello everyone, I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 OS build 22621.900 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 I recently discovered that my fingerprint reader does not recognize my prints. I removed my sign-in information from Windows...
  3. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  4. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  5. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: My Precision5530 will not let me use the fingerprint reader to sign into my computer. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader/b314b40e-f1d8-4656-8445-ce60053a472c
  6. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: I have had my yoga C940 for about two weeks and my fingerprint reader has been working fine. then all of a sudden it stops working so I delete it to add another an this happens. I'm totally upset because this is one of the main reasons I purchased his laptop. the windows 10...
  7. fingerprinter reader

fingerprinter reader: hola, tengo un portatil lenovo, venia con windows 7, compre windows 10 pro, pero mi fingerprinter reader no funciona, en windows hello ni en otras aplicaciones, en administrador de de dispositivos lo trate de actualizar diver y me dice que no encontro diver en linea y que...
  8. Unable to use Fingerprint Reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to use Fingerprint Reader: Why can't windows hello in my hp probook 6470b set up a fingerprint password yet there is a fingerprint scanner? current OS windows 10 1909, fp drivers hp protecttools manager and validity fingerprint sensors. will be great to receive help here. Thanks. ***Modified title...
  9. fingerprint reader

fingerprint reader: Hi, I got my HP Pavilion x360 14 - dh0004nx laptop one month ago. I was using only my fingerprint reader to log in, and today I was using my laptop when suddenly it turned off by itself. Then, I turned on again and tried to log in by using the fingerprint reader, but it...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...